“Fabulous service, quality, authentic Italian food!”
Review of Roma Mia - CLOSED

Roma Mia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

In 15 years in Peru this was the best italian food I have ever had. We were there on valentines day and they even had a beautifully wrapped single rose for every female customer. The attention was personal, we visited with the chef, sat by the brick oven they use for pizza! Amazing experience, you must go!

1  Thank chosencrm
There are newer reviews for Roma Mia

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The service was great. The place is managed by the owner, his wife, and one chef. It was very fresh (made in front of our eyes) and was delicious. We could tell he was happy with what he was doing and was great to be around. We went in February around 2:30 pm so it was not busy at all (we were the only ones there) and the owner sat with us for about one hour just talking! Everyday my dad and I have eaten in Cusco so far we have not been impressed- we were very happy with the service and the prices.

1  Thank Donielle K
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Many guides will tell you that Cusco is not "wasted"... FALSE ! Cusco has become one of the most touristic places I have seen in South America... Regrettably, touristic = pretend... So, in Cusco, everything is about "looks"... Well, this gem has no looks... no shows, is not on any "main squares" although it is located less than 5 minutes walk from Plaza de Armas... Second floor, looks like nothing from outside, but I dare you to find more "italian" in Cusco... He, Italian born in Rome, she, Peruvian... the pair: incredible food, at half the price, or even less, that you woulld pay on any main plaza... They have a huge variety of pasta, and their "copa" wine is actually incredibly good for Peru!!!

Don't miss it !!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've spent quite a bit of time in Italy, and was ecstatic to find this authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of Cuzco (especially after eating not-so-great pizza at many other restaurants during my 5 months in Peru!). Roma Mia is fantastic-- fresh ingredients, warm owners, and the true taste of Roma. Danilo, the chef, and his wife, Ana, made us feel right at home. You should have seen them cut the fresh prosciutto for our meal....! We'll be back at lunch tomorrow to try the pasta! Highly recommended!!!!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Easily some of the best porcini pizza and bruschetta that I have ever had in my life (including NYC & Italy). Virtually all of the ingredients (except one or two local vegetables) are brought in directly from Italy. The owner took time to explain his passion to me, and it's easily to why this is such a favorite. I've tried the other Italian restaurants in Cusco to varying success, but Roma Mia will be my top recommendation in the future! Easily the best pizza in Cusco by a mile, and possibly the best pizza in South America! Do yourself a favor and visit Roma Mia - you will not be disappointed! Two days later, I can still taste the subtle flavors and long for another bite!