“Warm Italian Chef, Authentic Italian Pizza”
Review of Roma Mia - CLOSED

Roma Mia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've spent quite a bit of time in Italy, and was ecstatic to find this authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of Cuzco (especially after eating not-so-great pizza at many other restaurants during my 5 months in Peru!). Roma Mia is fantastic-- fresh ingredients, warm owners, and the true taste of Roma. Danilo, the chef, and his wife, Ana, made us feel right at home. You should have seen them cut the fresh prosciutto for our meal....! We'll be back at lunch tomorrow to try the pasta! Highly recommended!!!!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Easily some of the best porcini pizza and bruschetta that I have ever had in my life (including NYC & Italy). Virtually all of the ingredients (except one or two local vegetables) are brought in directly from Italy. The owner took time to explain his passion to me, and it's easily to why this is such a favorite. I've tried the other Italian restaurants in Cusco to varying success, but Roma Mia will be my top recommendation in the future! Easily the best pizza in Cusco by a mile, and possibly the best pizza in South America! Do yourself a favor and visit Roma Mia - you will not be disappointed! Two days later, I can still taste the subtle flavors and long for another bite!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Usually trip advisor is a good resource for hotel and restaurant recommendations. Not in this case. We were expecting the pizza to be authentic. Instead the ingredients tasted generic and the crust was not as thin as I had hoped. In some ways, I blame myself because I am often disappointed by pizza when it isn't the "real deal" (my opinion only of course). The people were friendly and the atmosphere is nice so perhaps we just had an unimpressive batch...

Reviewed December 16, 2012

A truly great Italian restaurant:

1. DELICIOUS pasta

2. Fresh ingredients

3. Outstanding service

Highly recommended!

- Daniel, Ryan, and Jared

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were hesitant to give into having Italian food in the heart of Peru, but we were hungry and decided to go for it after reading all the wonderful trip advisor reviews.

The service is truly exceptional and the chef and the owner both came over to our table often (but not too often) to chat with us and see how we were doing. We were the only customers in the restaurant since we went at an awkward time around 3:30pm, but that made it even better because they were able to fully devote their attention to us.

We ordered pizza with sausage and peppers. It was unfortunately a bit greasy, but nonetheless the thin crust pizza hit the spot. I don't think we spent more than $20-30 dollars there for two individuals for a large pizza along with a few drinks, and so it was pretty budget friendly!