“Perfect and Authentic Trattoria in the heart of Cusco”
Review of Roma Mia - CLOSED

Roma Mia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Roma Mia tonight. We were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary (tomorrow) and we wanted to find an authentic Italian restaurant to remind us of our wedding. We had a destination wedding and honeymoon in Tuscany 10 years ago and had our "rehearsal dinner" at a ristorante just like Roma Mia. The food quality and ingredients are 100% authentic Italian cuisine. If you think Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill are good restaurants then you may not appreciate this gem of a restaurant. I can personally attest the pizza margherita and the rigatoni pomodoro we had we the real deal. My wife wanted the pomodoro sauce but does not like onions and the chef personally made her a new batch of sauce on the spot. The owner and chef will also personally check on you during and after the meal. The decor is what you would expect from an authentic restaurant in Rome or Tuscany but without the pushy tourist menu they have in The tourist spots of Italy. We really loved Roma Mia and would eat her again.

My wife shared a medium pizza ($10 USD) and a plate of pasta ($9 USD) a Peroni Beer ($3 USD) and a bottle of water ($1 USD). very reasonable prices just steps away from the Plaza de Armas.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pizza in Cusco??? Well yes and very tasty pizza indeed!!! I was a little unsure at first since Roma Mia is in a touristy walkway. But once you walk upstairs and enter into Danilo and Ana's little piece of Roma - you will be very glad you made the trek to this cozy place in Cusco. We had a delicious antipasto followed by a pizza with four distinct flavors - very tasty pizza indeed. We arrived early so Danilo was kind enough to stop by and say hello while Ana was also sweet enough to keep us entertained with some local chat. Highly recommend this wonderful Italian eatery. Only wish we were hungry enough to try the pastas.

1  Thank Averyfoster
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great meal with the friendliest service. Ana was our waitress and we were greeted warmly by Danilo. The guy that made our wonderfully fresh pizza was nice enough to come to our table to see if we liked it, which we did! I highly recommend Roma Mia. Everything is made fresh and is delicious. By the way, we went there based on trip advisor recommendations. Thanks for a great find.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went to this place for my birthday .All the dishes are yummy . Excellent service, great "pisco sour" and reasonable price for what you get. The staff is friendly and helpful.
I would go back gladly.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had the Lasagna con carne and my girlfriend the Pizza con tonno, both were great. After visiting many Italian restaurants in Holland and of course the many times that we´ve been in Italy we know what a good pasta and pizza should taste like, and @ Roma Mia they know how to make it! Recommendation!