“Must go with Cesar!”

SAS Travel Peru
Ranked #27 of 518 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SAS Travel -Peru … A well-established quality Tour Operator with more than two decades of experience and expertise in the tourism industry, organizing a huge variety of Tours in Cusco and Peru, Adventures trips, Treks, Amazon Jungle Trips and Packages in Peru, highly recommended for MachuPicchu tours, Inca Trail to MachuPicchu hikes,short Inca Trail hike, alternative treks as Vilcabamba, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Salkantay, Lares Valley, Tipon, Huchuy Qosqo hikes… Extension tours to Colca canyon in Arequipa, the floating islands in the lake Titicaca in Puno or flying over the enigmatic Nazca Lines, Ballestas islands or Paracas reserve. SAS Travel Peru also offers excellently guided cultural tours of the Sacred Valley, South Valley tour, Moray, Salt-mines and combined Cusco City tour with Saqsawaman, Tambomachay, Qenqo, Pucapucara and the amazing Koricancha or for those who want a little excitement around Cusco there`s white-water rafting in the Urubamba River, mountain biking in Maras, Moray and salt-mines, horseback riding in the Sacred Valley or near Cusco, climbing, paragliding and more. Recognized and honored by the Regional Govt Tourist Ministry as: "2010 Best Inca Trail Tour Operator"
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 10, 2014

So obviusly the sites were breathtaking however any tour group walks the same trail. We truly believe that what made this trek so amazing was our guide Cesar. Past experience with these types of tours we have had both the good and the bad and Cesar is definitely one of the good guys! Friendly, inviting, knowledgeable, and concerned about our health and well being are some of the traits he exhibited and he dictated the pace and itinery around what we wanted to do. We highly recommend that if you are looking at SAS to ask for Cesar!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I did 4D/3N Inka trail with SAS March 5-8, 2014.

Eder Zeballos our tour guide was so friendly, kind & helpful from start to end.

Bautista, Juvenil (Chefs), Juvenal & the rest of the other amaizing guys who with Eder made this trip an unforgettable experience.

The knowledge of Eder it makes the trip a real adventure and the high quality of the food that Bautista & Juvenal cooked for us is something that you will never forget...best food in the whole Cusco! :-)

Thankyou Eder and the rest of the whole team who organized everything for us during the trek.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Eder Zevallos was our guide. He did a great job showing us the sights and telling us about the history of them. He also made sure to check on people in the group during the tougher parts of the trek and make sure they were doing ok. He told interesting stories along the way and at dinner.

Bautista and Juvenal were excellent chefs. The food was fantastic. Great cooking under any condition, but even more impressive with all portable equipment. Great to have hot meals when doing a full day of hiking.

Reynaldo, as well as all of the rest of waiters and porters were also great. They were very helpful with everything. Also, Reynoldo even made flowers from the napkins, something you don't normally see when camping.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I can highly recommend SAS Travel and our team led by Eder with the assistance of Bautista, Juvenal and Reynaldo.

Eder was really knowledgable and enthusiastic about the culture, history and nature of the area which made it a really educational and interesting tour. He had a great sense of humour and made sure we all had a good time. MuchoWowWow as he would say. You'd be lucky to have him as a guide.

The food and service was honestly fantastic. Each meal was delicious, a miracle considering we were in the middle of nowhere!

All in all, I had a fantastic Inca Trail experience thanks to the guys. Looking around at other groups, I know I made a good choice.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

It’s taken me a while to sit down and write this post but here it goes. I hope your trip with SAS will be as nice as mine.

I had the chance to travel to Peru last November. My friends and I booked a trip with SAS FOR a 4D/3N trail to get to Machu Picchu as a final destination. By the time we wanted to book our tickets for the INCA trail it was already too late. That’s why we finally decided to go for the the Lares Valley trek. Although it is not the most famous trek in Cusco it seemed quite interesting and nice. Therefore we booked this one (well, actually my friends did! Thanks!!) and I can assure you that it was a great decision.

Our guide Cesar was extremely good and professional. He gave us extensive information about the Inca Empire, the largest empire in pre-Columbian America and he even taught us a couple of words in Quechua, which was quite nice especially when we ran into locals! He made us feel like a family and was always there to help us. Although sometimes the trek was really really hard he encouraged us over and over.

The cook was amazing. His name was Guido if I am not mistaken. We ate better during those days than in any Peruvian restaurant, and believe me we went to good restaurants as well. I believe everyone in my group thought the same so if you are lucky and get him as a cook he will make your journey memorable!

During our trip we had sun, snow and rain but we saw unique natural landscapes which made it worth the money.

The trek itself is breath-taking but as I said, it is once in a life experience and we met a lot of interesting and nice people.

Thank you once again Cesar and the rest of the team (SAS) for such an unforgettable experience