“Great view of the plaza”

El Meson de Espaderos
Ranked #147 of 715 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: American, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
North Mankato, Minnesota
“Great view of the plaza”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife, a friend, and I visited here while on a group tour. We attempted to order a meat platter for two, but the waiter would not allow us to do that. So we ended up with a platter for 3-4 and had way too much food. The food was quite good - I even tried the grilled marinated beef heart. We didn't find out about the salad bar until well into our visit, so we didn't get a chance to make full use of it. We took leftovers with us even though we probably wouldn't be able to save them. Come with an appetite!

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Looks are deceiving”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Thought that this would be a cheesy, solely for tourists, restaurants but I was desperate and gave it a try. REALLY good food, great value and great service. Great views of the Plaza de Armas as well. The mixed tabletop grills are a great value and very popular and the trout was fantastic. I'll definitely return.

Visited June 2014
Mervent, Pays de la Loire, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Central but peaceful”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Really hungry at 11.30 am and hoping to eat cuy, I glimpsed the menu for this restaurant while a peaceful demonstration had halted traffic in the Plaza de Armas. No problem, not too early. Escorted to the first floor I naturally chose a window table and my grilled guineapig arrived about 25 minutes later after I had helped myself from the interesting salad buffet.

Tackling the beast without a steak knife was a challenge, but the boss very kindly took it away and had it chopped into more manageable sections. I spent much of the meal trying to identify what it tasted like and concluded that it tasted like guineapig - not chicken, not squab nor any of the other comparators. Well, maybe a little like very young lamb raised on parsley. And the easiest way to eat it was in the fingers.

Lovely welcome, super atmosphere, good decor, good grill - altogether memorable, and superb value for money.

• Visited May 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Pizza in Peru is better than I would have expected”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had dinner here after returning from an all day trip to visit Machu Picchu. Admittedly, we chose El Meson because we were exhausted, it was close to our hotel and one of the few places open for dinner at 10:30pm on a Monday night. Although we were nervous about it, we both ordered pizza. We were pleasantly surprised when both the hawaiian and the chicken pizzas were not only edible but quite good. I won't say that either was quite like any pizza I've had in the States, but they really were good with a nice thin crust.

• Visited April 2014
Ohio
“Good food, fantastic view”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Restaurant is on second floor of a corner of the Plaza de Armas in Cisco. Very nice setting. It has several specials for 2 people. We had a steak special with sald and fries that was served on a hot grill tableside. Included were 2 steaks (a bit tough), and skewers of braised beef heart and Lama brochettes. The griddle was fired with charcoal and you could cook the meat to your liking. Was about 35 soles and much more than 2 people could eat. Best deal around the plaza.

• Visited March 2014