“came here based on rec in a guide book ....”

Aguaymanto Resto Bar
Ranked #177 of 748 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My guide book says gave this place a $ for price range so we were expecting something on the cheaper side. Also it was suppose to be typical Peruvian fare, but somehow it didn't seem like it. I think also mainly because all 3 of us ended up picking some very non-Peruvian dishes and opted for the veggie version of everything. I think I probably ordered the most Peruvian dish of the 3 of us, but in the V option it didn't showcase the Peruvian-ess very well. The Pisco Sour was quite strong. However, the price person I would not say was cheap. More like ave. mid-range. Was not entirely bowled over. The portions were very generous though.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find a cute quirky restaurant with tasteful decor but a relaxed atmosphere. The food was super tasty & the service was absolutely excellent. Our waiter was very nice and very attentive without intruding all the time. The passionfruit pisco was devine...a must try!!! Everything arrived in good time & could tell that the food was of high standard, all the staff around were smiley and pleasant. Definitely recommend to a friend & definitely go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is run by a climber. Being a climber myself, this is great. But also, climbers are perfect people to run a house like this. Relaxed, laid back, easy going, great music, creative alcohol but very clean with high standards in food. The perfect place. Location is also top. Its right in the center in the old walls, but in a private yard on the first floor so its really quiet and from inside looks remote. Certainly not too crowded. Just right. And try the burger. And the alpaca meat. And pisco. There are enough cooks so you never wait too long. While there the owner gave us great info about old town and recommended us a couple of really cheap but good lodges near by.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch and took other friends back there for dinner later. Had wifi and food was great. Will recommend to other friends who visit cusco in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great place, great atmosphere, great food, great staff. Hope you'll all visit it when you visit Cusco. Croatian friend of mine told me not to miss it, so I visited it. I recommend it to anyone who is free spirited, open and who wants to enjoy in great food and drink:).