“convenient central location, comfortable spacious rooms,”

Siete Ventanas Hotel
Ranked #26 of 351 Cusco B&B and Inns
Skipton, United Kingdom
“convenient central location, comfortable spacious rooms,”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

we stayed on two separate stopovers, once for 2 nights in room 208 and once for one night in room 306. It's a recently refurbished hotel with ample sized rooms, well furnished bathrooms, an in-room safe that costs no extra, friendly staff, coca tea and herbal tea on demand, 2 blocks from central square of cuzco, They Serve a really good breakfast with plentiful fresh fruit, lots of mango, strong coffee and good juice. There's also a really cheap but good launderette just across the road we used. 6 sol per kilo of washing - a bargain!

Room Tip: room 208 had two levels , a sofa level with bathroom, and then upstairs a private bedroom area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DamLou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mission Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Came across this gem by walking around and going hotel to hotel that wasn't too far apart from my budget. Stayed here 3 nights and can only say great things about Siete Ventanas.

Comfort: Good queen size beds. Heater and a small 20" flat screen TV in our room. Shower was hot. Overall, clean and comfortable room. Decor was nice as well.

Staff: Front desk staff are a little cold but very friendly. Roland the guy at the breakfast buffet was AWESOME! He is the reason why I'm taking the time to write this review. Extremely friendly and very approachable young man. Ask him anything and he will try his best to answer your question.

I got an excellent deal on my room; a little over a 30% discount the first two nights. The third night my flight was canceled (DON'T fly Star Peru) and they were able to accommodate when they were sold out. They placed me in a room that was "out of service" since it was recently renovated and only charged me $40 for the night.

Lobby was nice and had hot tea ready for you 24 hours. WiFi was pretty bad (kept disconnecting), but I didn't mind.

Tip for booking rooms in Cusco. Dont book online unless you want to over pay. You could negotiate a deal with most hotels if you tell them that you're tax exempt since you're a tourist. Bring your passport and your white embargo slip you fill out and are handed at the airport through Peruvian customs. That white slip is your 18% tax exemption at hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. Avoid it. I stayed on the fourth two nights and the third night o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AndyPalOC
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 1, 2013

They welcome you with a coca tea, which they say is good against altitude headache, but I prefered painkillers to combat that. There was quite some noise coming from the street, even at night. Cusco is a beautiful town, which makes it hard to understand why they allow intensive and stinking car traffic through the narrow streets of the old center. We had a room with a small balcony, overlooking the city. When it is late in the evening the door is closed, so you have to knock on the door. No refrigerator, cold drinks can be bought in the lobby. Breakfast with free panflute music on the first floor.

Room Tip: There is quite some noise from the street, so you might prefer a room at the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are looking for a warm comfortable room, at a great price, then the team here will fill your needs. The breakfast is one of the best in any hotel, at this price, in Cusco. We were traveling with Three people and the Tripple room suited our needs just fine. Please don't complain about early noise, as this is to be expected at any hotel in Cusco, with people leaving for the various treks in the early hours. We had a room on the ground floor for three nights and on our return a room on the 4th floor. Certainly the 4th floor room was more comfortable, then the ground floor, but in saying that we were happy with both. We had to unexpectedly come back to Cusco early and although there was no room here, the reception staff went beyond the call of duty and rang around looking for another room for us, and found one nearby.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a group stay here last week and, frankly, I was a bit disapppointed by the hotel staff's performance. They may mean well, but they don't execute well. Yes, the lobby is not going to impress your socks off. But for the price, the hotel's best feature is its safe/convenient location, between the main plaza and the quirky San Blas district.

The rooms facing Ricoleta street at bi-level, and decent. The rooms facing the courtyard, particularly on Floor 2 or 1, are not impressive. 300- and 400-level rooms can have great views of the Cusco hills, but they may or may not be partially blocked by a water heater and tank. It's that kind of unthoughtful design that makes this place decent but not impressive.

The breakfasts are very nice, and the breakfast staff is friendly and nice.

The front desk people seemed very unseasoned, sometimes young and not competent. They needed to be asked two or three times to accomplish basic things, to prepare the bill or for more bathroom towels to the room (the towels never arrived).

Also, when booking online, using the hotels info@ email address - which I'd used 2 years prior - this time connected me to a hotel staff person who refused to sign his/her name to the emails, and who responded to my request for information about sending in a deposit by recommending that I wire the money to a bank account in the name of an individual person I'd never heard of. Completely unprofessional.

Only when I contacted the folks at the reservations@ email address did a person who signed her name take care of things. That should have been a warning sign.

Bottom line: decent rooms, good breakfast, great location, lame lobby experience, poorly trained reception staff - a hotel run by management that isn't trying hard enough to win customers.

Room Tip: he rooms facing Ricoleta street at bi-level, and decent. The rooms facing the courtyard, particularl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed June 19, 2013

After hours of travel from Lima to Cuzco we arrived to this back stage street where our hotel was. Very humble decoration, it looked more like a neglected country local house to me.... We were expecting the worst after that lobby and yes there it was, a room with dirty blankets and poor furnishing, the bathroom reminded me a room I had to share in a religious community in Costa Rica... I walked out of my room because I read here that the view was awesome, but it was blocked by poor tops so it made me felt like the "cat on a hot tin roof"!
My son said to me: I am afraid to eat in this hotel...... A hotel you say? So we did not try any restaurant food and left the place as soon as we could.

Room Tip: If you are in a low budget and have no other option, ask for a room with a Cuzco roofs view....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here as part of my tour package right before preparing to hike the Inca Trail. The location is very convenient to Plaza de Armas Cusco. It's on a busy street so be aware of lower level rooms at the front.

The staff is friendly and can understand some English but you'll get farther if you speak Spanish. They have a lounge area off the entrance which has a steady supply of coca tea, hot water, and coffee which is extremely convenient. The morning breakfast is a buffet with continental fare and hot dishes (eggs and Peruvian pancakes). A great way to start your day before exploring Cusco or taking an excursion.

Rooms are large and comfortable. Just remember to turn up the radiator when you arrive otherwise you will have a cold room at night. Noise can be an issue so stay on the highest floors to avoid this. I stayed here before and after my trek to Machu Picchu and the first room on the 5th floor is much quieter than my second room on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor units were loft style which is cool when traveling with others as one can rest upstairs while other hang in the living area on the main level.

Overall a very good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo