Antawasi Hotel
$136
$110
$76
  • Free Internet
Ninos Hotel Meloc(Cusco)(Great Value!)
$130
$55
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$131
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclean roomsfront deskhot water ran outhot optionsbreadshort walkcoca teahot showerwould stay here againsmall hoteleggsthe main squareairportinternettrekbagsblankets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The location of this hotel was spot on... near the main tourist attractions. Our shuttle service from airport was free. Breakfast was ok. The hotel receptionist was pleasant and accommodating. Upon our arrival she gave us a Coca tea- to prevent from altitude sickness and give us a free map. Our room was in good size,pillows and bed was comfortable on the contrary no heater inside was room and it was freezing cold, we just used our alpaca blankets. If planning to book your taxi (3 persons) at this hotel don’t pay more than 30 Soles for the taxi from this place to Poroy Station.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lmv62
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Clean ,comfortable and in a good location Staff very helpful Good value for money

On the downside, the checkout time of 09.00 is far too early

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank meld8
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. It was clean, thats the only thing I would agree with from the other reviews. The staff were unhelpful and at times a little rude. The hotel is a new build and the doors dont seem to fit the rooms correctly so you hear people slamming them at all hours. I managed to sleep through it but if youre a light sleeper, I wouldnt stay here!

We had paid for breakfast and were due to get up early (as everyone does) to visit Machu Picchu one day. I asked (in Spanish, so Im not complaining because I couldnt communicate) if we could have some breakfast a little early. Now, I didnt expect the full works and was happy when they said we could have some ceral and fruit but when we got up in the morning (we were only half an hour early for breakfast), it felt like we were intruding on them just asking for some milk for the coffee (the rest of it was laid out so we werent bothering them). They had also prepared ham and cheese to go out on the table but wouldnt give it to us! I know this may seem a little petty but we had paid, it was ready and they made us feel very uncomfortable.

Also included in our hotel cost was a transfer from the airport. I emailed after I had made my booking to ask what they needed from me to arrange this and never heard back. When we got to the hotel, I asked if they could arrange a car back to the airport seeing as it was their mistake but the manager said no.

I think people who dont mind paying over the odds for tours etc and who are happy to let the hotel book things for them seem happier with this hotel, maybe when they realised they cant scam you out of money because you know what things should cost, they are not so friendly?

Overall there was nothing really wrong with this hotel but there was nothing really right either. Little things add up, where all it would have taken was a little goodwill and friendliness. There are MANY other hotels in Cusco, so I would recommend choosing somewhere a little warmer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank firefly2280
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed in nine different hotels during our visit to Peru and Antawasi was the best by far. It must have been remodeled or opened recently because it was in immaculate condition. The rooms, bathrooms, reception, etc. Cuzco is a busy city with cabs and folks about early in the morning and late into the evening. We didn't hear anything when we were in our rooms. This was also the first hotel where TV meant more than 5 channels that were only in Spanish. I didn't realize you could get so many stations and international content in Cuzco. Earlier in our trip we stay in San Blas (Campo de Casa) which had views but was as centrally located or well furnished. Almost forgot to mention wifi in the room. Awesome. Hate going to a lobby or breakfast area.
The staff was very nice and helpful. Lots of little laundromats nearby if you need to drop your clothes off from treking.
I'm sure you could pay more and receive similar services but this was a great place with North American standards (actually better than most of the places I've stayed in North America). I have to give thanks to the tripadvisor community for this find as I selected it on the fly in Peru after reading the review and canceling my other hotel reservation after a few days there. I wish we stayed longer and selected this place when we first arrived in Cuzco. The only knock is that they don't drop you off at the airport only pickup. Not a big deal since they are pretty close to airport but kind of disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fred g
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Located in a quiet side street, 2 minutes from Santo Domingo and 10 from La Plaza de Armas, this quiet, clean and friendly hotel is an ideal base in Cusco. Free airport pick up.
The hotel has a relationship with a tour company which will book your train ticket to Machu Pichu if Peru Rail has sold out, and save queuing to buy the boleto turistico for the archaeological sites in the Sacred Valley. They also do a good value afternoon tour including Santo Domingo and Sacsaywaman - 10 soles extra to enter Santo Domingo.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo