“French in Cusco”

Le Soleil
Ranked #11 of 707 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Orlando, Florida
“French in Cusco”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We enjoyed dinner at La Soleil last Sunday evening. The food was delicious. The owner was amazing, switching from French, Spanish to English so easily.
I had grilled octopus, and stuffed quail; and my husband had escargot and Duck a la Orange. Yummy.
Wine list was quite good and even reasonable especially for Bordeaux wines!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SheTravels1950
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guests,

It was a great pleasure to host you in le Soleil last week; thank you for your visit and thank you for your nice words about us.
I an glad to learn that were up to your expectations and you liked our food and service.
Thank you as well for our little chat.
I hope your trip is goind well and if one day you have an opportunity to be in Cusco please come and visit us again.

• Polish first
“Incredible”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This has without question been the best meal I have had in Cusco (and in general). Needless to say everything was perfectly prepared, it tasted wonderful, and the service was impeccable. Compared to peruvian prices it was expensive, as expected, but still a third of the price of what it would have been in the States or most countries in Europe. Either way it was worth every penny. Go here!

1 Thank Martine S
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Martine,

Many thanks for your visit and your nice review here on TA.
We had a pleasure in serving you and sharing some clasical french food and wine. I am happy to learn that we came up to your expectations. Thank you for telling others that the prices are raisonable and the quality is worth what you paid.
Please do not hesitate to visit us if one day you are back in Cusco.

My very best regards,

Scotland
“Awesome food best in Cusco”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Best food by miles in Cusco, the duck was awesome. Went to all the supposedly best restaurants and this stood out by miles.

Visited March 2014
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review and thank you for your visit in March.
We are very proud to learn that you consider us as the best restaurant in Cusco; we are glad to know that everything was ok and yu remember the duck ;)
I hope to see you one day: if you pass by Cusco please stop at le Soleil: it will be a pleasure to host you again.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Everything was just perfect”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

You can only take so much "tipico" Peruvian food - so we looked at the reviews on trip adviser and decided to try Le Soleil. It's not a big restaurant but you're not crowded in and when I realised that we were going to be late for our reservation because our travel arrangements changed I mailed them. I got an email back just telling us to get there when we could and confirming the time that the kitchen closed. We opted for the 7 course tasting menu - which was delicious - the favourite I think was the salmon - everything was beautifully presented - with a couple of kirs to start, a bottle of wine and coffee, at about £65 per head this was a bargain. Pizza Hut in the UK is hard pushed to deliver a couple of pizzas and a bottle of wine for under £55! The service was attentive without being over the top and the owner clearly is both passionate and professional about his food.

1 Thank suzanne_westcott
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Suzanne,

Great to hear from you and great to read you review, thank you! Thank you for your visit and thank you for trusting le Soleil. i was happy to serve you and to have a little talk, so pleasant.
We are glad that everything went smoothly and you enjoyed your French experience in cusco.
Thank you for judging us as professional and passionate about the foos and service: this is exactly our goal!
If you have an opportunity to visit cusco one day, please stop by le Soleil, it will be a pleasure to host you again.

Bowral, Australia
“Last night in cusco”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

So glad we decided to eat here on our last night the service and our host Arthur made it a memorable night beautiful food and wine, we both tried to talk Arthur into moving to Australia , best wishes from down under to you and your team

Linda & Simon Knight.

1 Thank Linda K
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Linda,

How nice to hear from you!! Thank you for choosing le Soleil for your last dinner in Cusco and thank you for this great review.
I am happy to see that you made safe back to Bowral and you remember your meal as a pleasant moment. It was such a pleasure to serve you and to talk to you: thank you for all those tips and information about Australia; you know that now, more than ever i am considering.... ;))
My team and myself send you a warm hello from Cusco; i do hope to see you again somewhere in the near futur.

My best regrds,