“Expensive but quality ”

Le Soleil
Ranked #11 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. It wasn't cheap, but the quality was exceptionally high. Worth it as a treat.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear John,

Many thanks for your visit and the great words about le Soleil.
I remember your visit and our little conversation so pleasant, thank you.
We are so happy to learn that your experience en le Soleil was so nice ;))
If you have an opportunity to come one day to Cusco please visit us, it will be a honor to host you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My Fiancé and I went to the Soleil for Christmas day as we are both french living in Peru we wanted a little peace of home on that particular day. I was really really tasteful and amazing. The owner Arthur is such a wonderful host it took really good care of us and it makes a big difference in Cusco. We had foie gras and snail to start with. The foie gras is imported from France so good and the snail were cooked perfectly !!! After my fiancé had the Orange's duck it was so delicious very soft and me the rack of lamb that i would greatly recommended. On top of that we had a wonderful bottle of Bordeaux my god french wine is definitely good ... and to finish with an orgasmic chocolate cake... sorry no other word to describe it!!!!
The cherry on top of the cake is that Arthur has a Nepresso coffee machine !!!!!!!
If you want to have a special meal in Cusco and getaway from Peruvian food this is the place. Beside the decoration is very nice... it felt for 2 hours we were back in Paris... a travel within a travel!!!
Arthur thanks for the real champagne it was a really good Christmas because of you and your restaurant !
PS: it is pet friendly which does not exist in Peru!!!!!!!

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Emilie,

What a nice surprise to hear from you! Thank you so much for your great review and again thank you for choosing le Soleil for your Christma meal. It was so nice to have you, your fiancé and your dog here. When french appreciate our food and drink it is for us a good sign that we are going in the right direction.
As we have discussed, please come back anytime to see us and we will "explore" more options from the menu and wine list; and of course your dog (very well educated felicitaciones!) is more then welcome!

My best regards to all three of you.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had lunch with three friends and it couldn't have been better. The owner greeted us and explained every dish as it came to the table. The food was fantastic, the service spot on. The decor is tasteful and comfortable, the music was interesting but didn't interfere with conversation and the desserts are divine, truly divine.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Wendy,

It was so nice to have you and your friends yesterday at lunch: thank you for choosing le Soleil!
Thank you as well for your great review about us: I was so pleased to see your happy faces eating our food ;)) and next time you have to order th kir royal ;)
I do hope to see you soon and it will be our pleasure to host you and your friends again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 25th anniversary meal here at Le Soleil based on trip advisor reviews. A unique French experience in Latin America. The owner/host was unbelievable. He was attentive and made the perfect recommendations, pairing wine with the foods we wanted. The food was French but the local fresh ingredients added special twists to the food. Everything was incredibly fresh and absolutely delicious. Foie Gras was outstanding as were the snails. Bread was fresh and very special, one was made with coffee and chocolate. I had the duck, unbelievable and my husband had the lamb shank which was also outstanding. There was absolutely no room for dessert. Overall experience was awesome. You really should go if you get to Cusco!

Dear Madame,

Please let me thank you first for choosing le Soleil for your celebration! I was proud to be a part of this so important moment for you.
thank you for your visit and thank you for your review. We feel happy that everything went like you wanted.
Moments like your visit are very rewarding for all our team: if we make our customers happy and can contribute a bit to their happiness, our job is well done.
I hope your travel back home was safe; if one day you come back to Cusco please do not forget to visit your "favorite French restaurant";))

My very best regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were recommended by the Reception staff at our hotel,Maytaq Wasin. From the moment we entered Le Soleil we were made to feel really special. Our host brought the menu, and we had a lovely complimentary starter, which tasted divine. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, and we were taken through the ingredients and presentation of each course by our very pleasant waitress. We requested Anise tea to drink,but were advised that it was not available. However, a short time later our waitress arrived with a pot of this tea - it had been sent out for specially, which made us feel quite special. We spent a very relaxing evening eating lovely food, which was priced very reasonably for the service we received.
Well worth a visit.

Dear Soozi,

Many thanks for your great review and thank you for your visit at le Soleil.
I am happy to learn that everything was great and you felt special that evening.
Thank you for mentionning our prices; we try to balance everything and if you have the impresion that they were right, my objectif is done.
We wish you a gret end of your trip and we do hope in the future to be able to serve you again.