“Outstanding Food and Service”
Review of Le Soleil

Le Soleil
Ranked #38 of 806 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Brilliant food and wonderful Service at this French Restaurant in Cusco. We arrived at the restaurant tired after a long trip and flight from Lima Peru. We checked into our hotel and walked down the road and experienced a real treat. We had wonderful French food and wine, excellent service.

Cusco is a wonderful cosmopolitan city serving the many tourists with a variety of local and international foods. this night we enjoyed a great French surprise..

1  Thank kencoutts
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Ken,

I do thank you for your nice comment about le Soleil; happy people are always making our motivation stronger to serve good quality food. We are happy to learn that you have been very positively surprised and both of you had a nice moment with us. I remember our little chat and thank you for telling me stories about Melbourne.
We do hope that one day we could serve you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

the food in this restaurant is delicious, the dessert mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm amazing, thank you le soleil for every thing

1  Thank mark f

Dear Mark F,

Thank you for your word about le Soleil; we are glad if your experience with le Soleil was good.
If you are in Cusco again soon, please stop by our restaurant and have some more food: we will have some new things on the menu very soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Before leaving on our trip to South America a friend of ours who had been to Cusco recommended Le Soleil, and we are very happy he did. The decor is tastefully put together and the only suggestion I would make is to maybe tone the lighting down a tad to make the experience a little more intimate. The owner is very curteous and professional, and makes sure you are taken care off, and that everything is to your satisfaction. To our surprise the food was good as we were not expecting to find this quality of food in Cusco. Our ignorance I am sure. If we were to visit Cusco again, I would definitly make a point of enjoying another evening at Le Soleil.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Oriley,

It was for us a great pleasure to host you at le Soleil; thank you for your great comment and appreciation of our food and service. I am glad that we fullfillled your expectations and you will return to visit us if you are in Cusco again. Please be sure that it will be our honor to serve you again; and I will turn down some lights ;))

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travelled through South America for the Christmas / New Years - Argentina, Peru and Brazil. This was the best dining of all the locations.

Food was amazing. I had the five course degustation and husband had a la carte. The foie gras was just heavenly and I thoroughly enjoyed the escargots. For an Australian, I found the food to be spot on for taste, presentation and portion size. Wonderful! Love the fresh produce and flavours in the food. Nespresso coffees served at the end of the meal and to top it off, Twinings Earl Grey tea, my favourite.

Service was just the right amount of attentiveness and care, wecloming and friendly. Great atmosphere. You almost forget about the hustle and bustle outside.

The location was super close to where I was staying. The decor, classy and minimalistic, yet still retaining the French fan fare. Love the giant image of the bridge over the Seine river, made me remininsce of my Euro holiday a few years back.

This restaurant should definitely be on the to do list for any foodies or those wanting a memorable dining experience and travelling to Cusco. Your tastebuds will be delighted.

1  Thank SLL888
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear SLL,

Great to have your news! Hope your trip back to Australia was pleasant.
Thank you so much for this great review you wrote about le Soleil. I feel that you were happy with the experience in our restaurant and our food and service met your expectatios; for us, happy customers like you and your husband, prove that our efforts go to right direction. I am so glad that you liked Nespresso and Earl Grey (my favorites too) at the end of your meal ;))
Thank you for your recommendation to others on TA.
As we said in Cusco: when you visit again Peru please stop by le Soleil and we will repeat the experience with more and news great food and wine.

My very best regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Normally we, and I guess many others, try the local cuisine when travelling so experiencing French fining dining was not something we expected to be sampling during our 2 weeks in Cusco. The owner Arthur who runs front of house was very welcoming and took time to talk to us and other dinners, a touch that is often lost in other good restaurants. He obviously has a passion for the business and has to travel to France several times a year to stock up on important staples like snails and foie gras, you have to wonder at the conversation in customs?

We had the 5 course menu (one of these is a glass of Sauternes to accompany the foie gras in case you are counting?). Snails to start were standard bistro fare (we asked if they were Peruvian which was when we heard about the importing) served with plenty of herby, garlic butter. Foie gras was a round slice from a tin but good and well accompanied with decent salt and fruit compote.

The main was a stuffed duck neck, a good tasty dish that was beautifully prepared and presented. Dessert was a chocolate cake/pudding and star of the show, the high quality chocolate came through perfectly.

With the standard in the kitchen personally I would like to see French cooking with local ingredients, no need to import but I still really enjoyed the tastes of France. There is obviously a market and congratulations to Arthur for making it happen so far from home.

Cusco has many great restaurants and Peruvian food has a lot to offer but if you are yearning for fine French dining you won't go wrong at La Soleil.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear SmallBizOwner,

Nice to hear from you and thank you for your great comments about le Soleil.
We are happy that your "French" experience in Cusco was up to your expectations; we try hard to satisfy not only the highest standards of food and service but as well all our customers.
A part of Menu Luxe de France (de France = from France), which you had, we prepare all our food with local fresh ingrediens; this is why we have a degustation menu and all à la carte.
When you come next time to Cusco please stop by le Soleil so I will propose some French food cooked with local ingrediens.