“Oh my...just fantastic!!!!”

Le Soleil
Ranked #17 of 789 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

After a day walking around town looking at mystery meats at the market and dirty resturants I was seriously considering dinning from the mini bar. I am truly a diverse eater and we travel a lot but guinea pig is never going to be on my plate. We are staying at the Marriott which is awesome and this place is on the same block. It is spotless, bright in a good way, and the food is seriously one of the best meals I have ever had. The owner is kind , welcoming and hospitable! The food and service have been our best in 2 weeks of South America. We had the beef tar tar, ratatouille, duck and trout and 2 great desserts. I highly recommend!!!we may even come back tomorrow!!!!

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Madame,

Thank you so much for your nice comment about le Soleil! It was a great pleasure to host you earlier this week and talk about food, wine, France, champagne and travel. As I said, moments like this are my bonus and I love to talk to my customers. Thank you for appreciating our food and service. I remember your smile and the comment of your husband eating the duck ;)) pure pleasure, at least for me. Thank you as well for leaving the idea to eat from your mini bar even if it was a great minibar at Marriott.
I hope the rest of your stay in Peru will be great and please come back if you have a chance to visit again Cusco.

My best reagrds,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went to Perú with my girlfriend's family for 8 days, with the main goal of eating the best we could based on friend's recommendations and personal research. So we did that in Lima, Cusco and Aguas Calientes.

Le Soleil desserves without a doubt to be the #1 restaurant in Cusco. It truly is a piece of France in Perú. Starting with his kind owner Arthur (French of course), followed by a rich offer of French wines and a spectacular classic French cuisine menu.

When the owner of this type of restaurant is serving you wine, recommending food and smiling all the time, you start to get the feeling that you can't go wrong, always the best of signs.

Have to mention that we visited this restaurant 2 times out of 4 nights we were at Cusco, and only had 1 little problem in my 2nd nigh with a lamb course (cooking temperature and time was not proper), but Arthur was MORE than willing to make it up, and insisted not to charge us for this item, as well as the coffee. By the way, the first time we went I had this same lamb and it was totally exquisite: tender as warm butter, rich flavored and impeccably presented, so please, I still recommend it as you entree.

Every first course we had was amazing, but PLEASE get the steak tartar, it is perfectly balanced and presented.

Prices are very reasonable, not to mention that a dinner like this would cost three times more in big city in America & Europe.

Le Soleil is a bright spot in Cusco, if you want to travel to Europe for three hours and have a very nice experience, please visit Le Soleil.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Javier,

Thank you for you nice critic about le Soleil. It was a pleasure to host you and your familly two times. I was so happy to see your smile eating our food and exchange with you about the food and wine. We take as a great compliment the fact that you felt like in France ;)) Your great remarks (as a pro) will help us to do things better. Thanks for that.
I really hope that one day you come back to Cusco and visit us again.

My best regards to all of you!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food at this relatively new restaurnat across from the Novotel (wouldn't you know it) was excellent, a little pricey, but really French (not a fusion restaurant). The maitre d'hotel and owner was very pleasant, efficient, and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the evening at his establishement.

Dear Sir,

A great thank you for your nice comment about le Soleil. It was a pleasure to serve you and be able to share with you our passion for French food and wine. Opinions of travellers like you contribute to a constant improvement of service and especially in Cusco.
I do hope one day we could serve you again, please do not hesitate to visit us when you are in Cusco.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to this place because it is #1 on trip advisor- you won't be disipointed. The owner waits tables himself and is very personable. You can't beat this place- especially considering the price.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your vivit and thank you for such a nice coment about le Soleil. I am happy that you enjoyed our service and spent a nice moment with us. Thank you as well to consider our prices as right; I often hear this from our customers.
When you have a chance to come back to cusco do not hesitate to visit us again, you are more than welcome.

My best regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I agree that our meal at Le Soleil ranked right up there among the top ten best dining experiences we have had anywhere in the world. The place hit every note just right. The interior was sleek and stylish, yet cozy on a rainy evening. Service was impeccable and our conversations with the owner were a delight. But of course what one really cares about is the food. And oh, what food! Things began with some excellent French wines and an amuse bouche of pork pâté on little toasts with fabulous thick, sweet balsamic vinegar. Next came the most delicious ratatouille I have ever tasted. There was plenty for my husband and me to share, but it was so good, I wanted to order seconds. And thirds. But I refrained, believing that more good things were to come. And they were, indeed. My husband had the rabbit, a recipe of the owner's grandmother, we were told. I had the trout. Perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned, with delicious mashed potatoes and a sauce that complimented the fish perfectly but in no way overwhelmed it. A tasty lemon pie finished things off. My only wish was that we had tried this restaurant earlier in our stay, as I would have gone there again and again. Or that he would move the restaurant to where I live so I could eat there every week! A bit pricy by Peru standards, but worth every penny in taste, quality, and presentation.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Amanda,

what a pleasure to hear from you: you must be back now in Sacramento and probably working hard after your holidays. Thank you very much for such a great review of le Soleil! I remember our little chat chat and your visit as a great moment; i was proud to serve you and share with you our passion for French food and wine. As I said, people like you make my days and give me a lot of energy to continue, thank you for that. And you said Sacramento? well, I don't know te place but you never know... ;-)) I hope I will have a privilage to host you again one day, please do not hesitate to visit us when you come back to Cusco.

My best regards to you and your husband,