La Morada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Illa Hotel(Cusco)
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Cusco San Blas(Cusco)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssan blasfree pick up servicethe main squarelovely patiowalk uphillcoca teafree airport pickupgreat view of cuscobreadbreakfast roomhotel is locatedinca trailquiet areahot waterrooms were very cleansitting areawould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is about 20 minutes from airport, taxi will leave at San Blas Plaza because the hotel is located at a narrow pedestrian street uphill. Take into consideration that Cusco is 3,400 above sea level and walking uphill can take your breath away for some minutes. It is a small hotel with just 8 rooms, it has a couple of terraces with excellent view of the city. At our arrival the staff offered us some coca tea, that was nice. Breakfast is served in the room which is nice if you are traveling with your other half. Rooms have a beautiful decoration and they are just the right size, there is a kitchen inside where you can cook at night and save some money. Internet was intermittent which was a problem for me. Plaza de Armas is just 5 minutes away downhill, getting back can be exhausting. It is a beautiful hotel and a great place to stay while visiting Cusco. The staff was really really great, they helped us with everything, tours, taxis, restaurants, etc. Many thanks to Sandra !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I chose la Morada apart hotel in the San Blas Neighborhood in cusco because we missed the chance to do a reservation in advance an all the other hotels were crazy expensive (we made the reservation a NIGHT before we arrived).
What a nice surprise that we found this hotel. Having made the reservations just the previous night, they still showed up to pick us up from the airport.
The rooms are very nice and clean. We had a 2 story room, in the first floor there was a small kitchen (with some food in the pantry and you name it kitchen tools), bathroom and a couch. Second floor, just the room which is a pretty good size room.
The service is excellent, the people that work at this hotel were extremely helpful.
I went with my husband, first time for him in cusco. They sent someone to pick us up from the airport, what a shame I dont remember his name because he was so friendly and kind enough to take us everywhere: to buy our train tickets, tour tickets and the entrance ticket for machu pichu, he also gave us some tips about prices and stuff so we don't get ripped off. Really really nice guy, be sure to tip him good because he truly does deserve it.
He took us to the train station and picked us up in time. (dropped us off at 5am and picked us up at around 9pm)
They also were kind enough to wake us up with a call and also knocking on our room. And they brought me some pain pill since my head was killing me.
I really enjoyed my stay. We got lost the first night because it is kinda confusing at first to get here, but we were fine afterwards. The hotel is located only 2 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, so there is a lot of stuff around to do. The famous 12 angle stone is only a couple blocks from the hotel.
OH and, they had FREE WIRELESS which is pretty impressive given the fact that 5 star hotels in Lima charge you for this service.
I recommend the Chicha restaurant, only about 3 to 5 blocks from the hotel, is from the noted Peruvian cheff Gaston Acurio and the food is pretty tasty.
I guess the only thing I didn't love from the hotel is that it was CRAZY cold at night and at shower time, the heater doesn't help very much so bring a nice thick pair of pjs. Although once you start running the warm water the bathroom starts warming up a little bit.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody, it was my second time in cusco but the first time i went i was a kid so i was almost as lost as my husband, although i speak spanish so i guess that helped!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

La Morada Suites is located in San Blas a few minutes away from the Main Plaza. It is a little uphill walk which can be exhausting in Cusco but you are rewarded with something that maybe no other place has in Cusco: A terrace where no building whatsoever is in the way so that it offers an incredible view over the city of Cusco and the surrounding mountains. Absolutely beautiful!

Rooms are nice and spacious, new and well equipped (we even had a little kitchen) staff is very helpful and nice (luggage storage, restaurant recommendations, etc...no problem!).

The only thing that could be improved in my view is the breakfast. It is either served in your room or on the terrace which is nice but it could offer greater variety and should be little more in terms of quantity as well (if you take the room rate into account). Maybe something to improve in the future.

Still recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

cuzco is really a very nice place, but we only spent 3 nights. for the first 2 night Incould sleep well because my blood pressure raised due to the high altitude, even though I took meds 2 days before our arrival. La morada is located in quite interior, which was hard for us since we are short of breath, but when we got into the place , it was nice, clean and beds are comfortable. Heater in the room was good since we really need it because temperature in Cuzco would drop really low...Breakfast will be serve in the room and they have kitchen so it really is very convenient. There is also one Indian restaurant in the corner which is really good...I would recommend La Morada and would definetely come back if I have the chance to visit cuzco again...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was great with a great staff! The staff brought coca tea and food directly to our room and included a free taxi ride to the airport. They also allowed us to use the phone for free, too. This hotel had the best wifi of any of the places/hotels in Cusco/Peru and also had a separate computer for use, too. The views were great and the rooms were very comfortable. The rooms looked like mini-town homes with a full kitchen, too. I had a great experience, here, and definitely good bang for the buck.

Anybody who is planning on doing a tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco should NOT use Andean Life (owner William Amaru). William/Andean Life charged my friends and I an extra $60 USD ($20 USD each) to get a better train back from Machu Picchu to Cusco but didn't give us a ticket for the time we paid for and didn't give us a refund. He e-mailed after saying he'd Western Union us a refund but never did, either. He lied about a train strike but the trains were still running and all train officials said there were no strikes. William/Andean Life also took other opportunities to try to get more money from us, too. I strongly suggest NOT USING Andean Life or working with William.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends