See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

A lady from the hostel approached us when we came out of the international bus station, we jumped in a taxi to the hostel and when we arrived they seemed very organised. Although we couldn't check in as it was very early they were very accommodating and friendly.
We checked around cusco for other hostel options which were coming up between 70 - 130 soles per night so this hostel seemed like a very good choice in terms of money. We decided to go with this hostel in the end as all the others seemed to be of a similar standard and we paid 25 soles each per night for a double bedded room.

The rooms are clean and tidy, satellite tv and very good power showers plus wifi in the rooms ! After being in Bolivia for 3 weeks with dodgy showers that had wires hanging out all over the place this was amazing.
The staff have all been excellent so far and have really made a effort to make our stay comfortable. I would recommend this hostel to backpackers who don't mind a short walk into the centre and are on a budget.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I met some people here who turned out to be wonderful friends so for that reason alone it has great memories for me. Also I arrived on an early morning flight from Lima and I was knackered and sitting on a bench in the square trying to get my tired brain to work in order to find some place to stay and one of the staff from Samanapata found me sitting there and practically carried me back to the hotel. Sometimes it is nice to have another person make a decision for you and this decision turned out to have amazing unintended and unanticipated favourable results for which I am very grateful.

Room tip: It was a bit chilly when I was there in October. The room wasn't heated.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A mixed bag in this hostel - I stayed here for a week, while I organised my Machu Picchu tour. The pro's were helpful staff, a quaint location, a semi-decent inclusive breakfast. The con's were that sound travels really badly throughout the hostel - you'll be able to hear people talking, using the shower, going to the toilet...

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed on three separate occasions, and found it to be a comfortable place and a good value. The staff is friendly and it has a laid back atmosphere. Arturo (night staff) is especially fun, and someone you could ask about Ayahuasca trips. Well except for the night a school group stayed. The only other downside to the place was that their bookkeeping wasn't great. Be sure you are clear on the price of the room.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Doubles go for 50 soles. This is pretty good for Cusco.
It is located about 5 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, however location is very nice.
Rooms are very clean and there is hot water (gas) 24/7.
The staff and manager are very kind and helpful and went out of their way to help us.
Windows are problematic in the rooms... Some have no light and some cannot be darkened. Ask to see the room first if possible.

Room tip: Second floor rooms make a good choice
Date of stay: May 2012