“A wonderful meal in an interesting building”
Review of Tartessos - CLOSED

Tartessos
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

On a tour of Peru we went with friends on the tour to this excellent restaurant. It is not obvious from the street - you go through a doorway into a pretty coutyard, then upstairs to find the restaurant.
The presentation of the food was so good, that we had to take photos before we ate. I had battered chicken with creamed mushrooms & sauté potatoes followed by deep fried chocolate truffles with Baileys sauce & glazed almonds in a tuille basket. The latter was the most incredible dessert I have ever had - a chocoholics perfect dream!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ate here twice during three days in Cusco. We liked eating sitting at the bar and watching the several chefs cooking orders on an open pit behind the bar. I loved the tapas and made a meal of the daily tapa selection. A great mix of local and Mediterranean food. Great central location close to the Plaza de Armas. It was always crowded in early January and we couldn't get reservations for New year's Eve or we would have celebrated there,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The "cooks in the review below shouldn't be taken seriously. They didn't even stay. True there are different pairings (I had chicken and applesauce and a sherry reduction) and it was amazing. I can't even begin to describe how great of a pairing. I'm gonna try it when I get home. They take all sorts of CRedit cards. The only thing is we weren't allowed to leave a tip. :( I felt awful cause we didn't have soles on us. But this restaurant hit all the right notes with us. Even the dessert was incredible. Truffles covered in almond and flash fried. I would get them every day if I could. And our server was wonderful.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant is amazing, food is great and great staff. We stayed in Cusco for December and January and we had our last dinner of 2012 here. Just Great.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Well decked out restaurant with an apropriate level of finery. We had the place almost entirely to ourselves and thus had excellent, but never intrusive, service. A large choice of alternatives on the menu and what we had was excellently prepared and very tasty. Definitely save room for dessert!