“Unforgettable experience”

Trekperu -Day Tours
Ranked #81 of 463 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Trekperu has been one of Peru’s leading tour operators since 1986.The Peruvian Ministry of Tourism has nominated us as one of Peru’s best Tour Operators for the past six years and the best tour operator of the Inca Trail in 2004.Our mission is to create the perfect trip that doesn’t have a negative impact on the environment or adversely affect local communities. We offer day tours and treks in Peru. We have a professional staff of experienced guides and support personnel, in addition to state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring a never-to-be-forgotten travel experience.
London, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were recommended Trekperu by our friends and we were not disappointed. All the early conversation has done promptly through emails, including booking the trip, getting machu picchu pemit, training & flight tickets booking. Miguel is very helpful and has always replied our emails/requests/questions in a timely manner.

We choose Trekperu because we want to do the inca trail as a small group of people, rather than 15-20 people. Trekperu provides exactly the services we needed. We were told there will be 4 people in total in our group, but the other couple cancelled at the last minute due to sickness. Therefore, we basically had a private tour - with 5 porters and 1 guide, all for two of us.

Our guide Admil is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Chef Louis cooks 3 meals a day for us, which are all super tasty and healthy!

We want to thank Trekperu for this wonderful experience, and we will definitely recommend Trekperu to anyone who wants to have a good time in Peru.

Rachel & Vince

Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC 4D/3N Inca Trail with Trek Peru!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I booked our 4 day/3 night Inca Trail trek with Trek Peru in October 2013 and it was absolutely fantastic! We booked everything via email correspondence with the very helpful Doris and it couldn't have been better!

Everything about the trek and the organisation was superb, we couldn't think of one element we would have changed or done differently (except maybe the rain on the 3rd day!). What we thought was especially good about Trek Peru was our group size (there were just 4 of us in total). We saw lots of much bigger groups along the trail, with perhaps only 2 guides to 12 or more people which meant the trekkers at the front and back had someone accompanying them, but the trekkers in the middle were just left to themselves. As we had 1 (very knowledgeable) guide to the 4 of us it meant that we had someone with us at all times showing/telling us all about the surrounding landscapes, ruins, plants, etc, etc. I really think that because we had a smaller group we got so much more out of the trek than people in the larger groups.

The porters and chef were fantastic too. Everyday when we arrived at camp everything would be there ready and waiting for us, we just had to turn up, eat and sleep then go! The food was always plentiful and delicious. I particularly enjoyed our afternoon tea and freshly made pop corn every day after arriving in camp :)

Obviously the scenery and Machu Picchu itself are incredible. We also asked for tickets to climb Huayna Picchu while we were there which was all organised for us without any problems

I would highly recommend Trek Peru to everyone!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Sarah D
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic service and unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I did the 4D/3N Inca Trail package through Trek Peru in March 2013 and could not fault them. I organised everything with Yessica over email in advance and she was quick to respond and went out of her way to help me. I chose Trek Peru based on the competitive pricing, the smaller group sizes and Yessica's amazing customer service - it was so easy to organise everything.

The trek itself was absolutely stunning and one of life's must-dos. Everything was perfectly organised, the food was amazing (I still can't believe the chef cooked a cake on the last night of the trek!) and I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of people to do the trek with.

Because I was travelling on my own, Yessica was quick to ensure I made it back to Cusco safely and I was happy with the experience.

Couldn't recommend the awesome people at Trek Peru highly enough!!

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Choosing Trekperu for our Inca Trail hike was the best decision we made!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I took the 4d/3n Inca Trail trip for our 1 year anniversary with Trekperu and were extremely pleased with the whole experience! Yessica took care of all the booking for us and was great to work with. Martin our guide for the hike was an excellent veteran of the trail with lots of knowledge to share. Aquilin our chef for the trail worked wonders with cooking for us each day. And the porters were AMAZING! Everyone was extremely professional and lovely to be with on such a strenuous hike. My husband caught a cold mid-hike, they all did their best to take care of him and expressed their concern even though there wasn't much we could do for him.

I chose Trekperu because I wanted a more intimate experience on the trail- I do not enjoy traveling with large groups- there are lots of tour groups on the trail where you are just a number and the porters seem to be a bit overworked. Trekperu was not one of those groups. Also I liked there philosophy with providing a great trip with minimal impact to the environment, this was very important to me. We turned out to be the only people on our tour which was wonderful! I felt like we really were able to enjoy our trip at our own pace. We were able to put a face and know each of our porters who were doing all the hard work for us and we were so very thankful for. The crew kept our waste and environmental footprint minimal. Our camp was modest but very comfortable and by far the fanciest camping I have ever done in my life! I was served hot tea every morning in my tent!!

Trekperu is a GREAT, trustworthy and professional tour group! I will recommend them to everyone!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank laurenreynolds1
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Inca-redible views”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I did the 4d/3n tour and was impressed by the service from Trek Peru. Our guide was very patient with us, which is just as well, as we did go slowly. But it meant we had plenty of time to take in the views and smell the air, unlike some of the other groups, who raced along.

Our porters served up decent grub, although it was a bit dry (rice and yucca need sauce or something, please!) But the icing on the cake, was, quite literally, a cake, rather bizarrely served at breakfast after 15 hours of rain, when spirits were low. It was a lovely touch, but hard to eat at 5am.

At the end of the third day, you are "invited" to tip the porters, before they race off to catch their train home in the wee hours of the following morning. In fact, you don't have a choice, as there is a nauseatingly embarrassing routine to plough through. It would have been helpful for this to have been explained more fully at the start (as well as tip expectations). Also, on the last morning, everyone has to pack up at 3.30am, so the porters can catch the said train. This means that you have to wait at the checkpoint in the cold for an hour or so before it opens. Again, this wasn't fully explained at the beginning.

Machu Picchu itself was a little difficult to enjoy at first, due to my sore legs (walking poles saved the day). It is a great climax though, but I would have preferred to explore it without being accompanied by the guide, as I was too tired to really pay attention.

Visited January 2013