“The silver lining in an otherwise cloudy stay in Cusco”
Review of Urpi

Urpi
Ranked #159 of 715 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We have cheap set menus for those trying to enjoy Cusco on a budget, as well as a very extensive a la carte menu. Come enjoy delicious local Peruvian dishes, and equally wonderful Italian and Mexican food!
ireland
“The silver lining in an otherwise cloudy stay in Cusco”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After a two week stay in Lima, Arequipa and Cusco I asked at my hotel in Cusco for recommendation for restaurant and was directed to nearby URPI. What a treat it proved to be! Though decor is simple it's cozy little place with wood fire oven in the corner. Was frozen on entering first time and Aurelio, chef/waiter invited me to warm up at table near the oven. His pleasant demeanour was a welcome antidote to my misery. Had the most delicious lasagne . Returned the following night for trout and more hospitality and yet again on my final night in Cusco for a most delicious pizza. Well done to Aurelio for salvaging my stay in Cusco with nurturing, nourishing food cooked con la corazon

• Visited July 2013

Lima, Peru
“Great value for the price”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have eaten here several times in the last 10 years and I keep coming back because of the laid back family atmosphere as well as the economic menu. The pizza is awesome and my sons love the lasagna. I have never gotten sick here and I whole heartedly reccomend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Port of Spain
“Autentic”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loved the pizza oven located in the restaurant dining area. You see the food cooked before your very eyes.

Visited July 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Great place for affordable food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ate here during my 8 week stint in Cusco several times. Every time the staff was very professional and attentive. The set menu is very cheap, and you get a lot of food; and the portion sizes of the food a la carte are wonderful as well. There is a rather extensive list of classic Peruvian dishes, such as guinea pig (yep, you heard me right) and alpaca, but also delicious Italian dishes (I can't get enough of the Spaghetti Carbonara). If you come with a large enough group, you might even score some free vino. Something for everyone, and they close late!

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on our second day in cusco (set menu) and both got e.coli food poisoning and were bed ridden for days. Not the best experience.

1 Thank Jandstour