All reviews bread hot water yogurt coca tea machu picchu reception area enjoy your stay comfortable hotel ten minute walk rooms were very clean eggs walking distance comfy bed the hotel offers great place to stay breakfast was excellent top floor
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

After 3 freezing nights in another non heated hotel before my Machu Picchu trip I was desperate to come back to somewhere heated and struggled to find many sensibly priced options so was pleased to find Golden Inca.

Pros:
-rooms as per the photos. Comfy bed with proper duvet, lots of storage, modern bathroom with hairdryer and good hot water/pressure. Room made up daily with clean towels too. Heating available from 7pm with a radiator but internal facing rooms kept their heat although did get stuffy in the day with no airflow.

-nice breakfast buffet served on the top floor with views of the city. Lots of choice and was topped up until 10am.

-good WiFi speed and can pay by visa/MasterCard

-ten minute walk to the beginning of the old quarters and around 15 mins from Plaza De Armas. Not many shops along the street but a few stands to buy water etc. 4-6 soles in a taxi from the plaza or a mostly flat walk. 12 soles taxi ride to the airport (20 mins).

Cons:

-rooms can be noisy as the sound travels a lot. The windows are thin and there is a central staircase so the noise echoes round the whole building. Take earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

-check in process the longest I’ve had on my trip. Receptionist distracted with other phone calls and didn’t acknowledge me waiting. Forms seem duplicated with info they already have from the reservation online. Had to pay at check in.

-found staff to be polite enough but not give an inch more than their responsibilities, very wooden. Found the night receptionist asleep on the sofa snoring away with shoes off under a blanket! They would prioritise the phone or other staff to deal with first before you and would take a while to recognise you are waiting to be dealt with. If this hotel gave a bit more with its service I’d give it a 5/5.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Let me just start off by giving Nelly, the manager hats off for running such a great operation. Nelly, you are simply amazing. Kind,efficient, and on top of everything! God bless you! I hope we meet again and again!!!

+Price- 5 star ( can't beat it)

+They pick you up from the airport via taxi. So when you get off the plane, someone is already outside waiting to take you to the hotel

+breakfast amazing!

+cleanliness-- 5star!!!

+ most people that work here speak English and some dont, but everyone is extremely nice and accomodating.

+ comforters out of this world, you will feel like you are sleeping on cloud 9.
+ location, min from the center but away enough from the street not to be nosey

Anyways, can't decide on a hotel? Book Golden Inca!!! You can thank

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2019

A comfortable hotel with friendly, helpful staff and excellent hot breakfast. The rooms are clean. I had some trouble with the radiator one night (it stayed on even though I switched it to off). The location is not that great; although technically walking distance from the Plaza de Armas, it is not a pleasant walk. The staff is happy to call taxis for you, though.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sbstraveler
Richard F, Gerente at Hotel Golden Inca, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we will work hard to improve our quality service.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 6, 2019

The breakfast was excellent, the staff very helpful and friendly. We liked it so much that after we went to Machu Picchu we came back for 2 more night. When we came back the room that we received wasn't near as nice. I just went down to desk to asked what time check-out is and was told 10:30 am, since our flight isn't until 3:00pm I asked if I could please have just one more hour. I was told yes for 15 more soles. I said really we stayed here for 5 nights total. She finally said okay one half hour for free. Great, can you call the free airport shuttle for us when we are ready to leave?, She said that is only free from the airport it will cost you another 15 soles.

Room tip: The hotel is away from the plaza and restaurants.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Richard F, Gerente at Hotel Golden Inca, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your comment, we are working day by day to improve our quality service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Quaint and convenient place to stay. The staff was friendly and it is in walking distance of so many eateries and shopping. So if you are thinking about visiting Peru to see Machu Picchu check it out. Keep in mind its the Golden Inca with a "c" not a "k" enjoy your stay!

Date of stay: December 2018