“The only way to see Machu Picchu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inti Sun Trek

and up
Full-Day Tour of Moray Salinas de Maras and The Sacred Valley from Cusco
Ranked #18 of 396 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are experts specializing in a variety of small group treks operating from the ancient city of Cusco, Peru. We are one of only a few companies that offer the once in a lifetime trek to the beautiful ancient city of Machu Picchu in a small group setting,but we also are capable of handling large groups and organizations.If you are planning a trip to Machu Picchu with a large group, organization, or family, Inti Sun Trek will be able to expertly handle all of your needs
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only way to see Machu Picchu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a great time on the Inka trail with Inti Sun Trek. Jesus was great throughout the planning process, helping us to arrange the trek and working with us fit in our visits some other parts of the sacred valley afterward, and our guide on the Trek was great, taking his time to hang back with the slower members of our group and helping us to take the time to enjoy the experience. If you're going to visit Machu Picchu you should really do the Trek, while Machu Picchu is cool on its own there is so much more you get to see by doing the trek, the scenery is amazing, you camp out in incredible places, and the food is great.

One of the great things about Inti Sun Trek is that they keep the groups small. We were on the trail with some huge groups of 16-22 people which I'm sure is fine way to do it, but if you want the experience of traveling with a smaller group this is the way to go. There were only 5 in our group which really made for a more enjoyable trek. The equipment is also almost new and very high quality - the sleeping bags especially I was concerned about renting but they turned out to be very nice. The porters and the cook were also great and we had some amazing meals including a cake which I'm still trying to figure out how they cooked in a tent, on our final night.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank benhomer

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“BEST.TRIP.EVER.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I traveled with my brother and sister to Peru and spent 4 days and 3 nights on the Inca Tail. It was amazing. Everything was well organized, our guide Victor was great and very knowledgeable, and all the staff/porters were incredibly friendly and upbeat.

Our group was small with 5 of us all together. Having such a small group was great, it felt like every tour and description of the ruins was more individualized. Our camp sites were great and since we only needed 4 tents we ended up in some great secluded area which made it possible to forget that 390+ other people are also trekking on the same trails.

The food was amazing. After long days hiking up and down stairs, it was great to end up in our dining tent with warm soup, and delicious meals of veggies, potatoes (Even french fries!), chicken, beef etc. Our cook even made a cake for everyone on the last night!

The whole trip was fantastic and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning on trekking the Inca trail. I might even decide to do it again some day!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sarah H
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Inca Trail Hike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We traveled to Peru last year and were very excited to hike the Inca Trail hike to Macchu Picchu. We were not sure what to expect and frankly I was a little concerned with the guide and group we might get stuck with. Despite good reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. After meeting Jesus the day before our hike I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. This guy is incredible! He is extremely personable and has a lot of energy. He's funny and playful yet very informative and takes his job seriously. When I saw other guides on the trail they seemed boring and uninspiring in comparison to Jesus. The group we ended up in was also great, with young individuals from different parts of the world all eager to hit the trail. The food was great (make sure to eat quickly or you'll find that Jesus will finish it all, he has a huge appetite ;) ) and the porters were all friendly and did an excellent job preparing food and the camp. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

From our two week trip to Peru, I can honestly say my top three highlights were the Inca Trail, Macchu Picchu and Jesus. He's an attraction all on his own! He made sure I'd have an experience I'd never forget. I highly recommend Inti Sun Trek if you want to be guaranteed a fun and memorable trip on the Inca Trail.

Thanks for the great time Jesus!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank inawfal
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inti Sun Trek gave me the best experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I traveled to Peru in December of 2011. I was pretty nervous/excited because this was my first trip abroad. Macchu Picchu always looked amazing in pictures - hey, why not? We decided to book our tour with Inti Sun Trek because their website was really thorough and well managed, and we heard from a few other reviews that Jesus was a good person to request as a tour guide. I am SO happy that we got Jesus as our guide!

I am not a very athletic person, so a 4-day hike on the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu was really hard for me. But Jesus kept me going. He made all of us feel comfortable even out of our (well, my) element. I was exhausted, but his cheerful attitude and playful disposition gave me the energy to move on every! He is full of jokes, stories, and amazing facts about Macchu Picchu and the Inca Trail. I can definitely say that my trip would have been nowhere near as enjoyable if we didn't have Jesus as our guide. He and the entire team of porters were friendly, professional, and made everything go smoothly. Speaking of the team, they were all amazing. The chef made us food that was consistently better than anything we had during the rest of our 12 day trip in Peru, and everyone else was so helpful with setting up the camp before we even arrived. And as for the logistics of the trek, Inti Sun Trek took care of everything. We didn't have to worry about rides; they managed picking us up and dropping us off. Food was all covered as well. Extremely organized and very helpful when it came to leaving Cusco to continue the rest of our trip.

In summary, if you are planning to visit Peru and do hiking anywhere, Inti Sun Trek is by far your best choice. We went a year ago, and to this day we still tell all our friends what a great time we had, and how we had the most amazing and lovable tour guide, Jesus! Thank you Jesus and Inti Sun Trek for an incredible experience!

Visited December 2011
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inti Sun Trek is a good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Inti is a great tour group. Our group was intimate, fun and well-organized. The day before the trail, Jesus of Inti came to give us an orientation at our hotel. He was very informative. He even gave us a little tour of Cuzco.
Our guide for the trail was Victor. He was quite a trooper. He was battling a stomach bug but never complained. He was right on with keeping us informed and engaged. There was a back up guide, Evah, who was also fun and nice. I was having trouble with the down hills and Evah was very helpful.
The accommodations were comfortable and the food was great! Spoiler alert: they baked a cake over fire for us on the last night. Amazing!
The porters are the unsung heroes of the entire trail. They were amazing and kept the trip very enjoyable for us. Be sure to bring lots of extra money to tip them. That's my personal recommendation. Also, write a letter to the train company to allow porters to leave on a later train. This is something you'll find out about towards the end of the trip.
There was a good balance of information, but also time to allow us to explore on our own at Machu Picchu and the other Incan sites along the way.
After MP we had a great time in Aguascalientes - soaking in the hot springs, checking out the markets and eating some delicious food before taking the evening train back.
It was an unforgettable experience. I recommend!