“Great fresh food!”

Los Perros Cusco Since 1997
Ranked #93 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night
Description: In 1997, Los Perros Cusco opened it's doors for the first time. Since then, we share with our guests our meditarreanean, peruvian and oriental flavors in our menu, along with our special drinks and desserts. We are a couch bar where travelers and citizens of the world gather to chill, relax and enjoy our attention! We also support art, we continuely renew our art exhibition by peruvian contemporary artists.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We read about this place in the Lonely Planet book and were intrigued to try some Asian/Indian flavours after travelling for 7 months and experiencing withdrawals for the aforementioned cuisines. Reading that it was Aussie run was also a plus as the food quality was of high standards!

On our first visit for dinner, we ordered the Golden Chilli Rolls (gimme that sesame dipping sauce!), Taste of Asia and I Smell India. All meals were probably the tastiest, freshest, well presented meals we have come across in a while. The rolls are spring roll like and contains a great mixture of chicken and vegetables with delicious dipping sauces. The Taste of Asia is a stack of chicken breast on sweet potato layers and has great flavours. If you get the curry made hot, it will be hot! The additional condiments (cucumber raita, mango chutney, etc) that come with the curry compliment the dish even more so.

On our second visit for lunch, we ordered the "It'll Do The Trick" baguette and the vegetable stir fry. Again, both dishes were tasty and fresh.

After reading the bad reviews for this place, I'm not sure if we got lucky or not but I can say with 100% confidence that the meals we were served were of excellent standard, great portions and we left extremely satisfied on both occasions.

The prices are higher than local joints because you're not eating the local food. Sure, the service could be better... but you're in Latin America. Service like this is common.. so sit back, relax and look at the cool owl painting on the wall.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Been here twice now and ate the traditional beef and mushroom sauce. It was a big servivg and really tasty. Also had great pisco sours. Shame the disinterested staff bring the place down a little bit.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A friend of mine was raving about this place so I was curious enough to check it out myself. The interior is stylish, yet very comfortable, low cushioned chairs exude a relaxed atmosphere, where it's easy to socialize with other guests. My friend and I shared two plates; the chicken marinated with sweet chili and soy sauce was delicious and the mixed platter with hummus, eggplant salad, olives, filled wineleaves, fresh bread was amazing as well. The prices are average for a touristy area but the food is above average, yet can hardly be called "local cousine".
If you're looking for a satisfying meal and want something else than Peruvian ceviche or meat with beans, go to Los Perros, you will not regret it!

1  Thank nalujulia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I had a lunch here with my in-laws and then came back for late night drinks. On both occassions, we thought it was fantastic. I had never heard of the place in any guide books. We just happened to be staying in a nearby hotel and walked by.

For our lunch, we had beers and sandwiches. The fried chicken sandwich was wonderful. Fresh veggies, an avacado spread and great seasonings... all on the perfect bread. The beer was freezing cold. Service was fast and friendly.

The next night, my wife and I came here for drinks. She wanted to try the warm milled wine. After a day of exploring the ruins and then the chill of the night, it made for a nice drink. I stuck to the beer, which again was freezing. I loved it. We tried a few appetizers and enjoyed everything that we tried. Really, the food was amazing. The service was a bit slower, as the entire place was full.

I can't say anything bad about this place. However, I can understand some of the complaints regarding slow service. I noticed that Peruvian people are somewhat slow. I'm outgoing and don't care to ask for a menu, or ask for another beer. So, to me there may have been a hiccup or two. But if this place was in my home town, I would go at least once a week.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

A friend of mine actually recommended Los Perros and I was a little hesitant as I read the mixed reviews on trip advisor. It was out last day in Cusco and had just had a massage up the street and happened upon Los Perros, after recognising the name from my friends recommendation, decided to give it a try for lunch as we needed something quick before we packed up to get on our flight. As we were a little early for lunch, there were not many people there yet though the 'owner?' was very friendly and after we told him we had to be out of there in a certain time, he was responsive to us and got us out food quickly.
Though as we did many times in Peru, we underestimated the portion size and had way too much. We ordered the mixed antipasto plate, I can't remember if this is what it was called, however it came with delicious honey chicken and ham pieces, hommous dip, marinated capsicum, bread etc. We also ordered the mixed fried wontons, not healthy at all, very filling but tasty. We also had the wedges. This would probably not be what we would have ordered has we had more time, though it certainly did the job and we could have fed an army. My husband also ordered a lemonade, which was fresh lemons, mint, ice all blended, it was very refreshing!