“Family Spring Break in Peru”

Machu Travel Peru Day Tours
Delights Of Peru
Ranked #120 of 929 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Machu Travel Peru is passionate professional team that works and lives in the very heart of Cusco, ancient capital of the Incan empire and from our beloved city we develop and design fully customized luxury travel experiences in order to make dreams come true. Our team has specially created a fine line of travel experiences that we call: Luxury Travel Peru.Once you decided to be part of one of our tailor-made tours, you will be part of a completely personalized experience through stunning destinations, all assisted by a flawless logistics and first-class services that will orchestrate the travel of your dreams. Machu Travel Peru invites you to be part of a once-in-a-lifetime luxurious experience, discover with us the wonders of our best destinations in Peru.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I used Machu Travel Peru for the land portion of my one week Spring Break trip in Peru with my wife and 20-something daughter. I selected the hotels in Lima, Cusco, and Aguas Calientes based on Tripadvisor reviews. Machu Travel Peru booked the hotels, tours, tickets, and all transfers. PROs: Jonathan was an excellent host while we were in Peru. He made sure we were in the right place at the right time with the right tickets the entire week. He was able to adjust to local conditions as required (e.g., changing the start time of our Sacred Valley tour due to an impromptu public bus strike in Cusco). It was comforting to know Jonathan was looking out for us all week so we could focus on enjoying all the wonderful sights. It was good knowing that all the taxis/vans/transfers were safe. He also provided us with great restaurant recommendations, helped us find a safe ATM, etc. The cost of booking through Machu Travel Peru also made sense since the total price was approximately the same price of the hotels alone if I had booked the hotels directly. CONs: paying the initial 50% deposit and the remaining 50% was a challenge...I paid the deposit via credit card with a hefty service fee (still a good deal overall). The credit card site would not work for the remaining 50% so I did my first international bank wire transfer...but the receiving bank in Peru added service fees so I still had to pay some of the cost upon arrival in country (still a good deal overall). On 2/14/2013, the US Embassy in Peru issued a travel warning for U.S. citizens for Cusco (since rescinded). It would have been easier to cancel the trip if I had booked the hotels directly given Machu Travel Peru's cancellation policy (100% loss of price if cancelled < 30 days in advance). I learned that travel warnings from the US State Department are generally not covered by trip insurance (which I had purchased) unless you buy a prohibitively expensive "cancel for any reason" policy. Bottom line, we decided to proceed with the trip due to many factors. The reason this review is "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" is the Lima portion of our trip (Machu Travel Peru has a stronger presence in Cusco where Jonathan is located). The driver arranged by Machu Travel Peru picked us up from the Lima airport late at night then took us to the wrong hotel (luckily I was paying attention) and then got lost taking us to the correct hotel. Everyone makes a mistake, and I would have let it pass without mentioning it on tripadvisor, but this same driver was 25 minutes late taking us back to the Lima airport for our return flight to the U.S....web check-in and no bags-to-check helped save us. It was not an issue for us but note that Machu Travel Peru subcontracts out the actual tours. We did five tours: (1) Half Day Lima City Tour - Average; 12 people; little time was allotted for visiting some of the key attractions; for example, literally two minutes for the interior of the Cathedral; (2) Half Day Cusco City Tour - Excellent; 12 people; Julio was excellent; sites are impressive; (3) Half Day Machu Picchu Tour - Excellent/the best possible; just the 3 of us; Esmerelda was excellent; unforgettable; spent the rest of the day exploring Machu Picchu on our own; (4) Full Day Sacred Valley Tour - Very Good; 12 people; Picac and Ollantaytambo are excellent; buffet lunch was excellent; we enjoyed shopping for silver jewelry and home made blankets; and (5) Lima cultural dance/dinner night at Junius - Very Good; food and entertainment were great but the stage had a somewhat obstructed view at times. Overall, I am glad we used Machu Travel Peru.

6  Thank msipple919

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hi Cristhian and Machu Travel Peru Friends;

We cannot thank the Machu Travel Peru staff enough for all that was done to make our vacation a huge success. Meeting Cristhian in person at the end added a special touch. It confirmed the fact that Machu Travel Peru offers attentive, caring service.

We were pleased with the service and the prompt response to our questions and needs. The hotels met our expectations, the sites were beautiful and interesting and the climax of our trip: Machu Picchu was magnificent.

We'll be sure to tell everyone who's interested in visiting Peru, to contact Machu Travel Peru. We hope to use your service again. Once again; "Thank you". We'll keep in touch and hope that you will do the same.

James

5  Thank James S
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hi Agustin, (and Jonathan, and of course Cristhian)

We've been asked so many times how the trip was, and we've given variations of "fabulous", and huge compliments to Machu Travel . Peru has an unbelievable variety in climate and terrain - a desert as stunning as the Sahara, mysterious jungle, mountains higher than the sky, architecture ancient, colonial and modern, even islands that float...and you took us to see it all, at our pace, without a hitch. Machu Travel made it look so easy, and feel so comfortable...that only happens with tremendous organization, attention to details details details, and the right people in the right jobs.

The guides were unbelievably knowledgeable and fun, moving at our pace, modifying the schedule if it was better to do. They all spoiled us, and we loved it. The drivers, every one, were excellent.

Our rainforest stay at the Inkaterra Amazonica Lodge was perfection - the setting, our cabin, the main lodge, the food. 4 days in a little bit of heaven.

Then we left the rain forest for the Sacred Valley - and Sol y Luna, where they upgraded us to their best units! Stunning. On my birthday yet!

There was of course Esmeralda- we felt so fortunate to be with her. Such a terrific guide, our cusquenan friend. So glad she was with us for Machu Picchu. Pilar does all the little things that move her steps above the rest - not only does she know the history, architecture and the people, but she made sure we got to the best viewing spots...all while making sure we were not causing interruption or intrusion on any other group.

One very definite high point not mentioned yet...meeting you Jhonatan (and having you come a second time to see us off from Cusco!), and Agustin, made us feel very special, welcomed and important.

Machu Travel Peru's level of personal attention or attention to detail is AAA .

Hugs to all of you,

Janis & David

7  Thank Janis T
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thank-you and the rest of the team for working with my wife and I to organize what was truly a collection of experiences neither of us will ever forget.

From our arrival in Lima through to our departure 16 days later, our itinerary was executed flawlessly by your team. Smiling faces greeted us with a Machu Travel Peru sign at every airport. The transportation was always first class with great drivers that arrived each day in vehicles that sparkled. The guides: knowledgeable, helpful, energetic and a pleasure to spend our days with.

My wife's favorite memories are of the time we spent in the Tambopata jungle. The river otters in Lake Sandoval, an anaconda snake on the shore of Gamitana Creek, and sharing delicious pisco sours with new found friends every evening are just a few.

I will never forget hiking to Machu Picchu after climbing off the train at KM 104. The views of WinayWayna becoming larger as the Urubamba river below became smaller. The satisfaction of reaching the Sungate; looking back from where I had hiked; looking ahead to the first glimpse of the city.

There are many other memories, the catacombs in Lima, shopping in Cusco, Sunday market in Pisac, Maras salt mines, exploring the Moray and Ollantaytambo archaeological sites, and the floating Uros islands of Lake Titicaca to name just a few.

My wife and I have had the privilege and opportunity to travel all over the world. I have booked trips with tour companies and I have planned trips on my own. I am glad we decided to go with Machu Travel Peru. It was worth every penny.

Thanks again,

7  Thank Russell L
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I really do not know how to thank Mery and you for making our visit such a incredible and memorable one. As you know my friends depended on me alone to select a tour company and I am so glad to choose Machu Travel Peru. You all made a great difference for our trip.
After visiting Rio and Buenos Aires, all of us agreed that Peru is tops. We love your country, the friendly people and of course the great food. We had a grand time and enjoyed the great hotels you chose for us. The itinerary you planned for us was very enjoyable and Machu travel Peru exceeded our expectation by miles.
Also our special thanks to Mario the guide for such an outstanding job. We have travelled the world and Machu Travel Peru is the best company we have ever experienced.
You have a great country and we were very surprised how nice Peru is. Certainly there are many highlights like Machu Picchu and beautiful Cusco but the most outstanding one was our visit to the Peruvian Orphanage. Most of us were in tears to see how beautiful and joyful the kids were in spite of their background. Some of us wanted to take the kids home. We love the hugs and the time we had there. We shared our box lunch with them and we cleared the mini bar in all hotels and Sanctuary Hotel in Machu Picchu of all the snacks and chocs (they were included in the room rate) for them. Mario the guide was nearly in tears as our Mr Tan made a touching speech and presented our donation to them. It was a real treat for us to know the other side of Peru other than just only the tourist sites. We spend about 3 hours there and cancelled the other 2 tours. It was worth it.
I am already telling my Malaysian friends how great Peru and Machu Travel Peru is. You can be sure you will get more business from this corner of the world.
Meantime you are authorized to use this e mail as a testimonial and give my email address to anybody who wants to contact me about your company.
My best warm regards.