“JAPANESE RESTAURANT CUSCO”

Ranked #199 of 789 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fujian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hours:Mon-Sat 12:00pm - 3:00pm (L.O. 2:45pm) 6:30pm - 10:00pm (L.O. 9:30pm)
Reviewed April 16, 2014

the best Japanese Restaurant in Cusco is Kintaro...is CLEAN , you can be sure the kitchen is the same , the service is perfect, the waiters are profesional, the owner always taking care customers , the restaurant is simple, not fancy, is open only for lunch and dinner , half a block from the plaza de Armas at Plateros Street in a second floor...I really enjoy my meals , everytime I visit this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant twice! First evening for udon soup... So delicious and like in japan (we visited japan 4 month ago and know how to taste) The second evening we had misosoup, katsudon an cold udon noodle with chicken! Still fantastic! I recommend this restaurant for everyone who loves authentic Japanese food and who is tired of the meat and deep fried kitchen of South America!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I had lunch at Kintaro one day and dinner there the next day. On both occasions we enjoyed the food and the ambience.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was in cusco for 4 months, and I don't even remember how many times I visited this restaurant to hang out with the handsome japanese owner and enjoy the delicious food! I did not expect to have fresh trout sashimi nor real Japanese dishes in such highlands. Also, though the restaurant is located in the center area, the price is super affordable. I liked the fashionable design of the restaurant as well. If you ever visit cusco, this is definitely one of the best places to eat for everyone; rich and old gringos, Japanese people who miss their home, and poor backpackers!

1  Thank Ayami O
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The restaurant is on the second floor, which is not easy to find. We were a bit reserved when we first checked out the place as we have high standard on Asian cuisines.
We ordered a karaage (Japanese style fried chicken), a tempura soup udon and an oyako don, and all are pretty tasty. All are very authentic, except for the udon noodles. It was not the udon noodles that we were used to, but the soup was good. We would recommend Kintaro to anyone who craves for Asian cuisine when visiting Cuzco.