“Great value massage for 25 soles” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 25 Spas & Wellness in Cusco
Toronto, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great value massage for 25 soles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The actual location is on the second floor in this colonial-type building. For 25 soles, you can get a full body massage, part of it with hot stones. The massage room has around 12 beds separated by curtains. Was it amazing? No. Did it help me relax? Yes.

Visited August 2013

Minneapolis
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I came here based on good reviews from Trip Advisor. The night before we had gotten massages around the corner at Inka's Massage, and we were so impressed that we wanted another one the next morning. However, that place wasn't open early so we made appointments at Nueva Vida. We had to give a down-payment to assure we'd show up in the morning, and they made arrangements for 2 masseuses to come early, which was nice. They showed up the next morning on the dot, so by the time they got the rooms ready and we used the restrooms and got undressed, we were 10 minutes into our hour-long massage, and we couldn't stay longer because we were going right to the airport. Our massages the night before were only 20 soles and we were so pleased we gave a good tip. These massages were 25 (still cheap, of course), but I couldn't wait for it to be over. The young woman who worked on me seemed to have no knowledge of muscle patterns. She worked really fast, and superficially, usually using both hands moving wildly in opposite circles over my back. I had a bad sunburn in one area, and she seemingly attacked it. The other technique she used often was slapping with the sides of her hands. I warned her that my calves were VERY sore from a lot of hiking, but when she got there she chopped at them like everywhere else. When she started with the hot rocks, she dropped one on me accidentally. I asked her to spend extra time on my feet, but she worked on them only for a couple of minutes and poked me with her nail. The room never had time to heat up, even though a space heater was on nearby. My husband's massage wasn't much better. Again, go around the corner to Inka's Massage off the main square in a little 3rd-floor room. It doesn't look like much, but those massages were excellent.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great value for an hour massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

As per previous reviews the place is a room of about 8 massage tables sectioned off by semi-transparent curtains. This didn't bother me as I was the only one there at 10.30am; however I don't think it would be an issue if there were others also being massaged.

Aside from this, the masseur was very good and gave me a full body Inka, hot stone & remedial type of massage for about an hour. Only thing missing was no work was done on the glutes. But for 25 Soles you really can't beat it!

Hawthorne, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

After reading other reviews here, I purposely went out in search of La Nueva Vida. Turning down other spa ladies, when the Nueva Vida lady came up to me, I said yes immediately. Like others have said, the facility is nothing spectacular. Though the beds are set up and sectioned off with curtains, I didn't feel there was a privacy issue per se, but the lady next to me kept bumping into me when she moved. That was annoying, but not terrible. I am in Cusco at the time of writing this, and I plan to go back again.

For 25 soles, I received about an hour and 10 minute massage. The massage was great! I'm from the United States and I've paid almost 10x as much for massages that weren't even half as thorough. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank AcademicAllie
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great value massage!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I tried this place based on the recos here. As others have specified, the cost is around S/.20-25 for an hr-1.5hr massage (Swedish/Inca/Hot stone/...). The only issue I had was the lack of privacy (massage tables very close to one another with curtains separating them). The massage itself was quite good and almost LMT quality. Overall, a good experience.

Visited September 2012