“Chocolate-making class was fun and informative”
Review of ChocoMuseo

ChocoMuseo
Book In Advance
More Info
$30.00*
and up
Cusco ChocoMuseo: From Bean to Bar Chocolate...
Ranked #5 of 26 Food & Drink in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cacao and chocolate museum in Cusco, Peru. Learn about the history of cacao, the cacao tree and cacao in Peru. ChocoMuseo has its own artisanal chocolate factory which makes chocolate from organic Peruvian cacao beans. Finally, ChocoMuseo offers chocolate workshops to make your own chocolate and cacao farm tours to see how real life in a plantation is. A unique experience for the whole family.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a nice little chocolate museum in a very beautiful location. When I walked in I was given free chocolate tea and invited to explore. There were informational signs on every wall, a video playing upstairs, an area to watch people making chocolate, and a delicious menu to order from. There was a little sitting room to enjoy your food in, or you could sit on the balcony (which I highly recommend) and look out over the small plaza.

I opted to pay for the chocolate-making class. It was a bit more than I would've liked to pay, but I walked away with a bag of hand-made chocolates to enjoy, plus a free bag of cocoa husks for making chocolate tea since I won the bean-grinding competition! Also, as you round the corner to get to the entrance on the side, look for someone handing out pamphlets for the museum - they usually have a 5% off sticker on them! The staff were all very nice and interested in me and my travels. They all speak English, but they responded very positively when they found out I spoke some Spanish. I would definitely go back to this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,483)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"small museum"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We dropped on here by accident as we were trying to kill an hour or so.
We were pleasantly surprised.
Informative and very interesting.
You can actually take a class of making chocolate - a bit pricey for Peru but still good.

Be careful when sampling - you get charged at the end.
I asked if the wrapped chocs were complimentary as I wanted to try before buying the big bars. The lady clearly didn't undersatand ás she said yes. Upon leaving me were charged for each sample. Heaven knows how she was counting and talking at the same time.
That said the staff were lovely and the chocolate special!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The chef joined us for cocoa seed sampling. We just had to buy bags of the cocoa tea. Delicious! A fun little place to learn about chocolate while sampling;)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Some other travelers recommended this place to me, and I was not disappointed. All the staff is so welcoming and wants to give you the best service possible! They have free chocolate tea that they serve to all their customers, and their food prices are very reasonable. This is a great place just to stop by and relax if you've been traveling for awhile!