Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza
$40
$34
Travelocity
1,156 results
All reviewsmain plazasuperior roommachu picchucoca teatamalesjacuzzi tubinca traillight sleeperbottom floorthe hotel staffinterior roomperfect locationrestaurant recommendationsthe breakfast areareception areawould definitely stay here againno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza for 3 nights in May. The hotel is beautiful, well maintained and extremely clean. The staff is among the most efficient, friendly, helpful and professional that I’ve ever encountered. The room was very nice, comfortable beds, very clean bathroom, fantastic shower, and well appointed. They have cocoa tea and coffee in the lobby 24/7. They serve the included breakfast buffet every morning and the options are fantastic. Scrambled eggs, tamales, fresh fruit, cereals, breads, juices, coffee and teas are among the items offered. Before booking here, I had read some reviews about the noise from the disco’s that neighbor the hotel on the weekends. We were to stay from Fri – Sun nights – so I was concerned. Unfortunately, the reviews were absolutely correct. Our room faced the rear of the hotel, but at about 10 pm on a Friday night, the music began at the Disco and the walls were vibrating from the volume. It was truly disturbing. I’m not one to complain, but when you’re traveling and exhausted and trying to acclimate to the altitude of Cusco, one need’s their rest.
I inquired if we could move to another room, but there were none available. The front desk staff did arrange for me to stay in a single room for the night so I could sleep, but my son had to remain in the original room with very little rest. The next day, we were moved to an interior room on the 1st floor which was nice and peaceful – so we were very happy for the remainder of our stay. I would strongly advise that you request an interior room on the bottom floor if staying over a weekend. It made all the difference in the world. This is a lovely hotel with a highly responsive staff. It is very close to the Plaza and an easy walk to everything.

Room Tip: Request an interior room on the 1st floor to ensure peace and quiet from the neighboring Disco's on the weekends.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Carolina S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear lakelin,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza with other travelers.

We really value the feedback from our guests because it helps us improve our service every day. We are committed to ensuring that every stay at Tierra Viva Hotels is as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This doesn't look like much from the outside, in fact, you could walk right by it and not realize it's a hotel. Inside, it feels instantly safe and welcoming. It's not overly sophisticated, but not what you'd call rustic either. Nice, helpful guys at reception, who speak excellent English. Rooms are clean, quiet, good hot water, plenty of room without overdoing it. I would stay here again. Breakfast was comparable to what we had in other 3-star Peruvian hotels, in a pleasant, courtyard setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Cases_Always_Packed,

Thank you for your excellent comment!!

We hope to have you again at Tierra Viva very soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great location, just up a side street at the corner of the main square. Rooms were perfectly clean with everything you would want and also free fast wifi.

What really made this place though were the staff, from the moment I arrived until I left they couldn't have been friendlier and more eager to help. On one day they arranged a taxi to take me to Pisac and they ensured that the price was agreed with the driver beforehand and that I wasn't over charged etc. Again the same for the airport taxi. All the staff were great, but particularly the young lady on reception in the evening whilst I was there, so friendly and also very helpful in helping me to arrange things and print things off when I was having trouble with the PCs they have with printers (free to use both).

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place, possibly the best place I stayed at whilst in Peru

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Carolina S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear phiphi,

Thank you for your excellent comment!!

Our mission at Tierra Viva is to contribute to make everyone´s trip an unforgettable experience. That means, that we will do whatever is in our hands to help our travelers to enjoy the city they are visiting.

We hope to have you again at Tierra Viva very soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The location couldn't be better. Just a few steps from Plaza de Armas. It's a renovated big house in central Cusco. The hotel has 4 floors and the lobby is at 4th floor so take your time to go up and down if you are not use to high altitudes. They have a coca tea at the lobby to get better of altitude sickness. The staff is very kind and can arrange almost everything you need. We spent 2 nights there. One when we arrived from Lima e other when we came back from Sacred Valley. Our first night we stayed at first floor. The room was nice and clean with a good size, but we had to go up and down 3 floors every time we went out. I have asthma and I was a little concerned about the altitude sickness. Well, we did everything slowly so my husband and I didn't have a big problem with that. The last night we got the room near the lobby. This is bigger room and the view is beautiful. Breakfast is a very disappointed. This hotel deserves a better breakfast. Breakfast room is at first floor and its cozy and inviting but they have a table with few things and the coffee was cold, but If I come back to Cusco certainly I will stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DocFigueiredo
Carolina S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear DocFigueiredo,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience at Tierra Viva with other travelers.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very nicely decorated, very clean, rooms spacious enough, reception personel very kind and attentive. good breakfast and location central in cuzco 100 m from plaza de armas. Would stay there again if anytime I go there again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo5409
Carolina S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Ricardo5409,