“Great Hotel in Peru”

Ranked #22 of 165 Hotels in Cusco
Shanghai, China
“Great Hotel in Peru”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I love Tierra Viva Vusco Plaza very much, this is really a good chose for accommodation in Cusco: best location, lovely and cozy hotel with warm decoration, friendly staff always wants to help guest, good breakfast...I will stay here every time while visiting Cusco in Peru.

Room Tip: Rooms with small balcony is perfect.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear HONG Y,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment and for considering Tierra Viva a “Great Hotel”

We are so glad of knowing that you enjoyed that much your stay at our hotel, and we hope to have you again with us in the near future.

Tierra Viva Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights only. The first night on the 5th floor in the only suite they offer.
The last two days we stayed at the 4th floor (which is actually the main floor form the entrance to the reception), it was a superior room.
Both rooms are the only ones that offer a good view from Cusco and are very well equipped and comfortable with good sized beds and jacuzzi.
Breakfast is served early every day in the 1st floor were we had a simple but very good breakfast on the fire place.
Everyone in this hotel was so kind with us, you felt like home. Simple details like asking you if you "slept good" and "how do you feel"...does any Hotel nowadays still care about us every day like that?
It´s try it can get a little bit loud as it is located near the main square. If your sleep is too light they have 2 other locations more far away. If you finish tired well prepared for sleep after a long walk at the ruins you might have no issue like I did.
Oh, and forgot to mention...the price is absolutely acceptable, don't hesitate asking for an upper class room, it´s worth your comfort.

Room Tip: Choose the suite or superior room at the 4th and 5th floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear jpllanos,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for sharing you excellent experience at Tierra Viva with other travelers.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to have you again with us in the near future.

san francisco
Reviewed February 11, 2014

It does not have a grand lobby or a pool and for that you get $400. off the bill per night, as Tierra Viva was less than $100. per night to the one with the pool etc, that was $500. per night. I don't know about you but I did not come to Cusco to jump in a pool. I came to see the culture, nature, history of the place.

Now before you start thinking this place must be a real dump. No no no, nothing could be further from that. I had a beautiful room with a big comfortable bed all to myself, good TV, nice heater to warm me at night, a modern tasteful bathroom, historical musical instruments decorated the walls, lovely wooden french doors that opened to the interior court yard, beautiful dark wood floors that looked original to the building. I had available to me a nice a breakfast in the dinning area next to the court yard and a nice private area with computers at my disposal. I was picked up at the airport as requested, I was greeted with warm coca tea. From the Lobby, I walked out onto a small, sunny, terrace, with a great view of the city below. I was given a map and I was helped with taxi and directions to anywhere I wished to go. Lucky for me this hotel is a few steps on a side street from the Main Plaza as I did not realize how the altitude sickness would hit me. I had such lack of energy, I was grateful that I did not have to go far to get to all the places I wanted to go around the plaza. My advice is to plan on having 2 days, at least, to get acclimatized to the altitude of Cusco, then you can better enjoy some adventures further out without feeling like you are going to drop dead. Anyway there is a lot to do around the Plaza, interesting museums, shops and people watching in the park. Plan ahead as to what you would like to buy for friends and family and bring cash in Sols, as many places do not take credit cards. This is the place to buy Aplaca Sweaters and Scarfs. Most of the locals depend on the tourist trade for a living, so please purchase directly from them if you can. There is still a lot of poverty, your purchases mean a lot to them.

Room Tip: If you wish more quite, get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank fcoya
Dear fcoya,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for having stayed at our hotel.

We are so glad of knowing that Tierra Viva was for you “The perfect Cusco Hotel"

Pelotas, RS
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel has a good deal of good things and I'll just summarize it. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, good bathroom, the internet is very good. The hotel as a whole is cozy, and staff very nice and attentive. Breakfast is good, including some fruit, bread, cheese, ham, and some local dishes. such as tamales. It is served from 5 am. to 10 am.

The hotel is located near Plaza de Armas, what is very convenient. But - and here the bad things start - it is located between two small but very busy streets at night. There are several restaurants and bars where there is music and dance. And perhaps some disco. We spent two nights here, Fri and Sat. At 11 pm, both nights, music started. But it was like being just on the other side of the wall where there was a rock band playing. The music went on till about 4 am. It was hell.

So, if you are planning to stay here, beware that you might find yourself in the middle of a disco. For your info, the room was 207. Good luck.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms giving to the fireplace room because you get noise from people having breakfast at 5 am...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VSOP_AOC
Dear VSOP_AOC,

Thank you so much for your comment and for having stayed at Tierra Viva.

Palisades Park, New Jersey
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My friend and I stayed three nights at this hotel prior to our four day trek to Machu Picchu and another night after our return from Ollantaytambo. This hotel is conveniently located right next to Plaza des Armes and is a walking distance to museums, cathedrals and Sacsayhuaman as well as many wonderful restaurants and hotels. The service was wonderful and the complimentary breakfast was delightful. I would stay at this location again should I return to Cusco.

Room Tip: Asking for a room with a view may enhance your experience although we did not have a room with an ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear sschrissyyoon,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment and for having stayed at our hotel.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The location is also very convenient. Everything you want is outside within 5 minutes of walking distance.
They held our luggage while we went to Machu Pichu and came back and stayed at the same place.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite small, but I guess it's the location.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul1069,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment and for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva with other travelers.

We are so glad of knowing that you enjoyed your stay at out hotel and we hope to have you again at any Tierra Viva Hotel very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Perfect service, perfect location, beautiful rooms. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. They looked after our bags whilst we hiked Machu Picchu and they were waiting in our new room for us a day later. Great breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy_Tyson,

Thank you so much for considering Tierra Viva an “Amazing Hotel”.