Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza
$162
$149
Priceline
1,161 results
All reviewsmain plazasuperior roommachu picchucoca teatamalesjacuzzi tubinca traillight sleeperbottom floorthe hotel staffinterior roomperfect locationrestaurant recommendationsthe breakfast areareception areawould definitely stay here againno elevator
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Tierra Viva hotel was perfectly located just metres from the Plaza des Armes but very quiet and comfortable. It is an intimate boutique hotel, with a delightful view across the tiled roofs of Cusco from the upstairs lounge. The room and bathroom were comfortable and well equipped and very quiet at night. You rarely encounter your fellow guests except at the breakfast buffet, which is pleasant and ample. It is very central to the museums and restaurants of Cusco. The hotel includes airport pick-up in its tariff which is welcome. The staff were helpful and arranged cabs to and from the railway. Late at night on our return from Machu Picchu it was great to have someone waiting for us. The interior courtyard lounge is a charming spot for a quiet beer!

Room Tip: The rooms appeared consistent across the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MacSydney_Australia
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear MacSydney_Australia,

Thank you so much for your excellent review about our hotel and for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva with the rest of travelers.

Once again, many thanks, and we hope to see you again at any of our hotels very soon.

Tierra Viva Hotels

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A friend and I stayed 3 separate nights each at this hotel. Its a quick walk down the tiny side streets to the beautiful plaza. Restaurants surround the hotel for blocks. The hotel staff is very accommodating. Excellent at assisting with bags if needed, arranging transport, even finding a cell phone left in a cab.
The rooms...Understand that this hotel, like most in the area, is built in what must be an ancient building. That requires some ingenuity on the part of the hotel owner. I stayed in 3 completely different rooms, each very unique and comfortable. Soft, warm beds, excellent towels and bath items. I will say that the room my first night- their base room- was a bit small for my enjoyment. When I mentioned this to the staff on checkout, I was moved to much larger rooms for other nights I stayed. Again, excellent service.

Room Tip: I feel like every room there is different. Ask to see a couple, the rates are not significantly more for the bigger rooms. 401 is a great room, but slightly noisy off the main lobby/waiting area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Tierra Viva with my boyfriend for 4 days this month. What a lovely hotel! super cute and great location right off the center square of Cusco. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only negative about our room was the actual location of the room- ours faced a very busy nightlife spot in Cusco so you could here people partying and bands playing etc. so if you can't stand noise request an interior room or one facing the front of the hotel (we weren't really bothered by it). The breakfast was very fresh as well. Also our driver who picked us up fronthe airport was wonderful! Jesus helped us plan our Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu trips, he did everything at a very reasonable price, very organized. overall LOVED this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmhelle
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear mmhele,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment and for sharing your Tierra Viva´s experience with the rest of travelers.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to see you again very soon at any of our hotels.

Tierra Viva Hoteles

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place was so great! we loved our stay here, very warm and cosy, staff were lovely, food was good, bed was comfortable and room was well decorated. It was a lovely little boutique on a quiet street very close to the main square with many shops and restaurants, location was perfect. The hotel had a beautiful little terrace with great views and was fun to explore, many little passageways and staircases- all underground. They had a fire when we stayed, it was nice to sit in front of the fire after a hard day. We loved it and would definitely return. The free pick-up from the airport was also nice- good to know someone is waiting for you rather than fighting the taxi drivers away and knowing you will be ripped off.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freya t
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear freya t,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment and for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva wth the rest of travelers.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to see you again very soon at any Tierra Viva Hotel.

Tierra Viva Hotel

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had a really nice/great experience! Everyone that I encountered that worked at the hotel were all wonderful, thoughtful & very helpful! The hotel was very clean and the rooms, albeit small in size, were comfortable and clean which was important to me. I was in room 102 which seemed at first like its way down in the "basement" but it actually worked out because it was nice and quite.

The hotel is located very close to the Plaza of Arms... its actually not facing the Plaza but found on a small side street that is less than a 3 min walk to the Plaza where all the restaurants are located. The street is not scary at all... As a women traveling alone, I always felt safe but of course like in any place in the world you always have to be aware.

The staff was always beyond helpful and I can't thank them enough for being so thoughtful and making my first traveling alone experience great! Janette, Juvenile, Miguel, Flor and el senor Abram and anyone else I am forgetting (si me recuerdo bien) muchas gracias por ser tan amable conmigo que pase un tiempo inolvidable en su hermoso Cusco!

Overall I really recommend this hotel. I spent Dec30-Jan3 in Cusco and completely fall in love with the city & the people!

Room Tip: Because Cusco is 12,000 ft having a room on the first floor... lobby is on the 4th... was harder than i thought/expected to walk up those steps & not get winded. but there was always coca tea when you got to the 4th floor for relief!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo