“Trustyworthy & Experienced Family-run agency”

South Adventure Peru Tours
4-Day Trek from Cusco: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Ranked #8 of 506 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: South Adventure Peru Tours is a family-owned business, created 15 years ago by Ruben & Tatiana. We decided to make use of our experience and knowledge to open our Tour Agency so that we could provide the highest quality tours around South Peru; but there was also an opportunity for us to help many of the young people in Cusco starting their careers and to provide some of the poorer communities around the Cusco Region with revenue to help sustain their livelihoods. We specialise in Extended and Family tours around South Peru. We will take you to the most stunning regions such as Ica Region, Paracas Reserve, Nazca City, Colca Canyon, Lares Valley, Ballestas Island, Lake Titicaca and of course to many of the stunning historical Incan sites such as the famous Machu Picchu, Choquequirao, Sacred Valley and more. Our team visits and thoroughly investigates all destinations, services and amenities featured on our luxury tours to Peru so we can be sure we are offering the best quality, servi
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I chose a 2D/1N Machu Picchu South Adventure Peru Tours based on great TA reviews. Before my trip, Ruben always responded quickly to my many, many questions. Once I got to Cusco, Ruben, his wife Tatiana and son Brian were great and ALWAYS honest about what to expect once I got to MP. I was soo impressed by their hospitality, honesty and service that my friends and I also ended up also booking a weekend trip to Puno, a day trip to Sacred Valley and horsebacking riding in Sacsaywaman with them. Their prices are standard but their service is exceptional. Cusco is not short of travel agencies (trust me---i shopped around) but hands down, they are the best. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I did the Tour of Sacred Valley, Cusco and Machu Picchu through South Adventure Tours and I really enjoyed every day.

Ruben and his family booked all of my tours for me at very short notice and looked to ensure I experienced all the main attractions and the things I wanted to see. They offer a very personable experience and responded very quickly to all of my enquiries leading upto my arrival in Cusco.

They also suggested a range of accommodation options and the one I chose was perfectly placed in the San Blas area and was extremely good value for money.

I would definitely recommend using South Adventure Tours. Their customer service is outstanding and their charitable work in Ruben's home town is very admirable.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I came across Ruben's store whilst walking along the street so had no idea of the high ratings here. What struck me straight away was the exceptional way Ruben operates his business. He is friendly and welcoming without being pushy, something very refreshing in Peru! I instantly felt comfortable dealing with him and was confident the tour I was booking would be high quality. It certainly did not disappoint! The restaurants selected for my lunch and dinner were excellent and the whole tour ran smoothly. I met other travelers on the way who paid significantly more and did not receive the level of service and quality that I did. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I did the 4 days 3 nights Inca trail with South Adventure Peru tours. The reason for selecting them was the reviews I saw about them on tripadvisor. I have to say that the decision I made was correct. Ruben and his son was very helpful when we met the day before the trek. Gave all the necessary guidelines and happily answered all our doubts. We did the trek from 6 -9 October 2013. Our guide was Edwin who was accommodating and helpful. The cook Theo was excellent with his food. The porters require a special recommendation for the tremendous job they did.
We were just 2 people for the tour for the specific date. But still they went ahead with the tour instead of handing over us to some other agency. Had heard such stories but never happened with us. We got a private tour actually.The trek itself was good. According to me any normal person with no medical history can do it.

Finally have to thank Ruben again for picking us and dropping at the airport the next day.

The only negative was the toilets on the way. It was really bad. But that is to do with the camping site. As they are common to a number of camps.
I will recommend them highly.

Salil

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My fiance Johnmar and I recently booked an ATV tour and a Sacred Valley tour with Reuben and we were blown away. Reuben is extremely friendly and offered great advice. They were very responsive and offered to pick us up and drop us off from our hotel immediately after we reached out to them. Most importantly, Reuben and his family are genuinely devoted to ensuring a great customer experience every time. They are passionate about what they do and what their country has to offer. Romulo was our tour guide for the Sacred Valley tour and he was extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to spend the day with. We also love that South Peru Adventures gives back by contributing to a community in Lares every year. They are a one-stop shop for a variety of tours. We highly recommend them and we'll definitely be back in touch when we return to Cuzco one day (and we definitely will)