“Andina travel were amazing.”

Inka Trail Expedition Peru
Rainbow Mountain 1day Private tour
Ranked #72 of 506 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Inka Trail Expeditions Peru is a Tour Operator in Cusco, this company born with nothing more than a strong desire to create an authentic Peruvian Agency, the rich diversity of tradition, adventure and mystery makes Peru a fascinating country to visit. Many Foreing Operators take advantage of this, but this Travel Agency was born in Cusco, Peru land of the Incas.We show that travel within Peru, are unforgettable and will mark lifes forever through our social projects (SmileTerra) that these are full of Energy and Natural adventure. is an inherent belief to the core values that inspire our being and business today.
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Of course the Inka trail was amazing, but Andina travel made it incredible. The quality of food, equipment and information was outstanding, and we paid less than $600.

We have since done other activities with Andina and have continued to be impressed.

1  Thank Gareth W

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our trip was so exciting, full with history, lots of questions, people that we met there from around the world were amazingly friendly. The tour guide was excellent, knowledgeable of the Inka's history. Great trip!!

1  Thank car0165
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I who are both in our fifties, just had the good fortune of having an amazing trip to South America for a month.
Most of our time was spent in Peru with 2 days in Bolivia and 2 in Chile.
Viva Expeditions was fantastic from our first inquiry to the follow up visit after we got home.
Luckily we were able to choose a local company through our local Rodney Times Advertising.
The owners, Brandon and Rachel have lived in South America for some years and very familiar with the countries, culture and language. Every need was taken care of and it certainly was an action packed expedition. We all felt that it was great value for money.
Our driver Tony and tour leader Diane were equally as organized and fantastic.
Their passion for South America and traveling is unfailing and their Spanish is great also.
All of our Apus Peru guides were equally as passionate about their area of expertise they were guiding and their love of their country.
We would highly recommend Viva Expeditions and Apus Perus if you are traveling to Sth America.
Lynda Oddi

4  Thank Lynda O
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went on the Inka trail with Chaska tours - They arranged everything for us including hotels, transfers, flights and it was excellent. We didn't have to do anything and we feel like we saw everything. The Inka trail was the pinacle which we are going to do next year too. It was difficult on our legs and because I smoke I didn't feel to healthy! My girlfriend had blisters and resorted to using her trainers. But the guides were really nice and kept us going and once I saw my first glimpse of this mystical Machu Picchu I felt like I had achieved something worthwhile (I did think about giving up at times) - The whole experience was fantastic and we are saving to go back next year.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Inka Trek is one of the best experiences of my life and I would recommend it to any outdoor lover! The views are breath taking and the emotional reward of doing the trek is beyond words! I would recommend a few things though before you go just to be prepared - especially if you go in the rainy season! Firstly, bring black bags to wrap your belongings in and even your back pack if it doesnt have a rain cover. I would recommend a rain coat and a poncho as a poncho alone does not give enough cover. Secondly - if you go with GAP adventures, dont worry about buying your own snacks in the towns before as their snacks they provide are definitely enough to keep you happy. Renting or using 2 adjustable walking sticks is a MUST! You can adjust the sticks to be long for down hills and short for uphills and they definitely helpful on the knees! Also GAP says you can take 6 kg but the sleeping bag and mattress take up 3 kg of the 6kg so you only have space for 3kg of your personal belongings. Dont forget bug spray and sun block! GAP is a great group to go with and I would recommend to use them! It is an absolutely amazing experience and worth every single cent!!!

2  Thank JessTinker