“Our favorite restaurant in Cusco”

Marcelo Batata Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 707 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Our kitchen offers both tradtional and avant garde cuisine, always focusing on rediscovering age-old recipes that allow us to take yesterday's flavors to today's table. Our specialty is Criolle and Andean cuisine where we highlight the essence of this beautiful mix of varieties that provides us with an endless array of flavors and that each Peruvian carries in their veins. In appreciation for all products we utilize we allow ourselves to play with new flavors and sensations based on the immense diversity of native products available: aji (Peruvian chili pepper), distinct passion fruits, avocados, rice and corn varieties are some of our favorites to explore with. Slow cooking dishes and the high flames of our grill are our favorite preparation techniques to use here at Marcelo Batata.
Del Mar, California
“Our favorite restaurant in Cusco”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

You must try the alpaca here, it is their speciality. My friend loved the avocado, mango, shrimp appetizer so much that we had to return to this restaurant so that he could eat it again! We all enjoyed our pisco sours and specialty drinks with fruit juices. My only regret is that, after returning home I learned that you can take cooking classes here, too!

Visited May 2014

London
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the best Peruvian food we've had so far.  This place was recommended to us by our inca trail guide and I'm so glad we went.
My aji de gallina was outstanding - excellent food!  My boyfriend had the alpaca steak which was wonderful!  They serve some microbrews and have a lovely roof terrace. Service was good.

Rockville, Maryland
“Three Excellent Dishes All Around”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My daughter, son and I chose this restaurant because it was close to our hostel. It turned out to be a great choice. All 3 of us had different dishes and none of us was disappointed. The alpaca steak was divine as was the pork dish. And the Aji de Gallina was the best I had in Peru (and I ate it in several locations). Would recommend this place---and have---to anyone that visits Cuzco.

• Visited April 2014
“Fantastic dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited here after a long day traveling, on the recommendation of a tour leader. The food was fantastic and the service attentive. Mains were approximate 40 sol which is great value for the quality. Highly recommended - best to make a reservation.

Ontario
“Excellent peruvian food”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had dinner. My husband and I were the only vegetarians in our group of 10. One of the best soups I have ever had was at Marcelo Batata. I did not know that soup could be that good.
Rest of the food was excellent too but it was difficult to justify having any other food. Our companions had cui made for them even though it was not on the menu.
We did have reservations so there was no problem.
Beautiful roof top terrace and lovely ambience.
Overall, a wonderful way to end a beautiful trip to Cusco!

• Visited May 2014