All reviews hot water historical center enjoyed our stay rooms are clean mercedes shower hostel
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are a family of 8 and we all loved this place. We had 3 rooms for 2 nights then kept one room for 25 dollars while we were away in Machu Picchu, then came back to 2 rooms. Hot water not reliable but breakfast fine, rooms clean and comfy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank CarolAnn7360
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff were incredibly friendly. Our bus arrived at 5.30 in the morning; nonetheless we were let into our room and had breakfast too.

It's very basic, but it's a hostel. And the aforementioned friendliness is so much better than the lack of service I've had in many chain hostels.

Furthermore, I didn't have to pay for luggage storage whilst we went on a 4 day trek.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel has no reception area, it depends on the doorbell to inform the staff who live there to open door for the quests to enter the hotel, and all quests are also been informed at every doorbell ring.

It was hard to get hot shower, no hot water at faucet so I was forced to use cold water to wash hands and brush teeth.

There is no place to hang my clothes, neither bedroom nor bathroom. I placed both my clean clothes and dirty clothes on top of toilet water tank in order to take shower.

Single chair in the room, I have to move my clothes to the bed to sit or move my clothes to the chair to sleep, there was no any hanger to hang my clothes.

The room is surrounded by closed glass windows, no place to open it. No AC in the room so you have to know how to survive during hot summer time.

Poor location and far from major attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel exceeded all of my expectations. You get all of the value for your money. The hostess is really friendly and makes sure you are comfortable. The room is very clean and the room service never failed. I felt very secure during my stay at Casa de Mama. The hotel is located 25 minutes from the city center by foot but by taxi it will take 5 to 10 minutes to get there, depending on traffic. I personally prefer to walk when I go to a new place in order to get to know the city. Around a quarter of a mile from the hotel there you can reach the Avenida del Sol which will take you directly to the city center passing by many monuments, restaurants, bars, markets, among other attractions. I walked around the city by myself during daytime, nighttime, and very early in the morning (few hours before sunrise). There were always people around and it felt very safe to do so. Cusco is just a very safe city. The hotel is also located close to the Wanchaq station (1/4 mile), which was the station from where my bus departed to Machu Picchu. Overall, I give this hotel the highest rating and would stay there again if I ever returned to Cusco.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Staff in casa de mama are all very nice and friendly. The owner is esp helpful and accommodating to us, giving us all the advice we need.

Location is not at the city centre. But it's fine as it just costs 3 soles to take a cab there.

Room is clean, but shower could be hotter (given the freezing weather in cusco).

Breakfast is perfect, with eggs and juice. We had a good start every day during our stay in cusco.

• Stayed: June 2013