“Excellent Tour of Machu Piccu”

Cusco Native Tours & Treks
Sacred Valley Horseback Riding Adventure Full Day Tour
Ranked #58 of 519 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Is a local Tour Operator that specializes in offering tours throughout all of Peru that include Andean treks and expeditions, cultural tourism, archaeological sightseeing, outdoor adventure sports like river rafting, biking and horseback riding through the amazing landscapes of the Cusco Region and exotic Amazon and Manu jungle trips. What sets us apart from the competition is our many years in the market, vast experience and long term relationships that allow us to offer our tours at a discounted price. We own and maintain our own high end trekking/camping gear, have our own licensed kitchen where we prepare all the meals and dedicated in house staff so you know your trek/tour will be a success.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just finished a 2 Day 1 Night tour (1 day hiking part of Inca Trail, 1 day touring Machu Piccu) with Cusco Native. It was perfect!!! Renato, the owner, was very responsive to my emails before we got to Peru and answered all my questions. Once we arrived, we got our helpful briefing from Renato who came to our hotel and also helped us with our luggage so we would not need to carry it on the tour. Our guide Fernando was phenomenal. He was so knowledgeable, upbeat, positive and it was a pleasure having him as our guide. You can tell that he loves what he does and he loves Peru and this helped make the tour even better. Cusco Native arranged everything and we had little to worry about on the trip except enjoying the beautiful views. We highly recommend Cusco Native.

1  Thank Rebecca C
Trek C, Owner at Cusco Native Tours & Treks, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2015

Hi,Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Native,and our Inca Trail 2days. We glad to read your comment that you fully enjoyed our trek.it helps many other people for understanding our thought.We gladly repeat that Thank you so much!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our group of 4 adults trekked the 2 day Inca Trail-Machu Picchu adventure. We had a wonderful time. Cusco Native placed us in a plush 4 star hotel in Aguas Calientes after the Inca trail hike. A perfect end to a great hike. Our guide was energetic and knowledgeable. He stayed longer on both days because the women in our group wanted to take thousands of pictures. We got a group discount for 4 people which most of the other companies did not offer. We paid the deposit online. Renato (the owner) stayed in contact with us the entire trip. Believe it or not your cell phone will work the entire hike. We never felt abandoned.
Im sure the 4 day hike is nice but our group felt satisfied with the shortened 2 day hike and we were able to spend more time in Cusco and a few days in Lima. I recommend not bringing all the supplies for every kind of situation that your imagination dreams up. Your guide will bring emergency supplies. Just bring a good walking stick, sun screen, poncho, and lots of water. The altitude sickness is also overrated. None of us felt anything. (we are all in our 40's)
When to arrive in Machu Picchu it is as magical as everyone says it is.
Enjoy!!

Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Native, and our 2days Inca Trail.we glad to read your advanced comment.you guys seems fully enjoyed trek. your comment helps many other people for understanding our thought,we gladly repeat thank you so much!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Cusco Native organized our 2 day Inca Trail hike this past December. In the months leading up to the trip, I exchanged emails with Renato who was always prompt and helpful. Even when it came to paying the deposit, he walked me through the various options and explained which would be best in order to avoid paying high fees.

When my wife and I arrived in Cuzco, we met Renato in person at his office and he gave a very detailed explanation of the trip and what to expect, as well as practical advice for our first few days in the city. My wife and I found Renato to be very thorough and trustworthy.

The hike ended up being just my wife and me, which was nice as we were able to go at our own pace. Our guide, Fernando, was an absolute pleasure. His English was very good and he was extremely knowledgeable both throughout the hike and during our visit of Machu Picchu. Fernando's depth of knowledge about Inca culture really added to our experience of Machu Picchu. He was in bright spirits throughout and always offered to take our pictures.

One great thing about the tour was that Renato organized everything. This included transportation to the train station, return train tickets, the hike itself, return bus tickets, all meals except lunch the last day, entrance tickets to Machu Picchu, and accommodation in Aguas Calientes. The hotel Renato selected for us in Aguas Calientes had the best showers we experienced during our entire trip! A very welcome experience after a long day of hiking.

Thank you for choosing Cusco Native ,and our 2days Inca Trail. Yes,Fernando he is one of the best guide guide of our company,and you guys seems fully enjoyed trekking with him. and yes,hot shower just after long trekking is the perfect moment I guess! your advanced comment helps many other people for understanding our company`s thought. We gladly repeat that Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Three of my friends and I did the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu with Cusco Native recently. Renato is super helpful and set up the whole trip very well. Since we booked late, we almost were stuck with a campsite which would have required us to wake up incredibly early to get to Machu Picchu on time. However, Renato's group worked tirelessly to get us the better camp. This is an example of the effort they put into their program. I strongly advocate going through Cusco Native. Our guide was great, the chef was excellent, and the porters were all friendly. You couldn't ask for anything more.

Hi,Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Native and our Inca Trail trek.and good to read your comment.that help other people for understanding our company`s thought. We gladly repeat Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our group of 4 just recently completed the 4day/3night Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu! We contacted Cusco Native early on, and Renato was extremely quick and responsive in providing us details and answer our questions on the hike.

As for our hike, there was a total of 6 people in our tour, 1 tour guide, and 10 porters to support the group (which we paid for 2 extra to carry our bags). Our tour guide, Juan, is awesome! He is extremely knowledgeable about the history, the trail, as well as the plant life! I am the least fit in our group, and also most scared of heights, but Juan was great at making me feel at ease, and helping me along throughout the trail. Our porters were very courteous and encouraging along the trail. The food was great (we even had cake!) and all of our needs were met.

The hike is intense, but such a great and rewarding experience!! I would definitely recommend doing your hike/tour with Cusco Native. I enjoyed our smaller group atmosphere -- along the hike, we saw other tours where they had 20+ people! I definitely appreciated our smaller group and a more tailored and attentive tour. Generally, Cusco Native is at a mid-tiered price point, but in terms of value, it is definitely worth it!

1  Thank Lina W
Trek C, Front Office Manager at Cusco Native Tours & Treks, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2015

Hi,Thank you for choosing Cusco Naive,and our Classic Inca Trail. We are glad to read your advanced comment.You guys fully enjoyed small group of tour with our guide Juan. your comment help many other people for understanding our company`s thought. We gladly repeat that Thank you so much!