“really helpful staff and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hatun Wasi Hostal

Hatun Wasi Hostal
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cusco
Hatun Wasi Hostal
Ranked #288 of 410 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“really helpful staff and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

we only stayed here 2 nights dunig our trip in cusco staff helped us when we felt ill with the altitude sickness providing coca tea at reception and somewhere to sit. rooms were really clean and well equipped nad free toiletries and had a little conservatory area to sit out which was different. had a nice comfortable quiet stay here :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

good value for money, great localization, poor food, decent service, internet and hot water included, conditions after 1,5 months in bolivia very decent

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I can't really understamd why people complain so much. Its a hostal... its supposed to be cheap. I Stayed here one night. Its three blocks away from the main square where all the bars and restaurants are. its small, comfy, breakfast is enough, the restrooms are really small but nothing to complain about. Its not stylish nor luxurious but it is JUST FINE. If you're cold get a coat. If the noise bothers you, get some earplugs!!! The Cusco spirit is adventurous and sacrified. Just go for it. I'd definitely come again, especially since I paid less than 18 bucks a night.

• Stayed April 2012
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is so close to the main square. I stayed here two nights, on the first night I was inside the shower for 5 mins to wait for the burning hot water to turn to normal heat water while on the second night I waited for 15 mins still couldn't get normal heat water from cold water. So i gave up taking the shower at last. Even i get the normal heat water the first night, the temperature of the water kept changing from very cold to very hot . The breakfast is crap. The reception doesn't speak English and I could only use my limited Spanish plus body language to communicate with them . I think there is a bar close to us coz I hear the music all night with the bom bom drum beats and I can smell the cigarette smoke in my non smoking room. In the mid night I can hear ppl walking outside the corridor, the ladies speaking next door and the phone rang in next room which made me thought that's my phone rang. At night it's so cold my body was shaking even I was wearing fleece to sleep. On the second day I requested for a heater and they deliver it to my room then it's better. Only shampoo n soap n nothing more. With the rate USD 78 per night I would expect something better than these.

• Stayed October 2012

Travelers are raving about these Cusco hotels

Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We only stayed one night, but it's a hostel, what do you expect? Pro's - Great location 100 meters from the center of town, warm hospitable staff. Con's - lacked consistent hot water, the breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Rooms got a little chilly at night, but so did all the other hotels we stayed in during our July vacation in Peru/Bolivia. Size of rooms is pretty small. Service was fine, loved the central location. Wifi worked great. Breakfast was simple but fine for our needs. I'd stay there again. It also did help to know a little Spanish.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cusco, Peru
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've been living in Peru for the past twelve years. I am used to shoddy accommodations. I do not mind a cheap place, and I do not expect a cheap place to be sparkling clean. This is the kind of hotel that should easily meet these expectations. It is well located. The rooms are big. It has a nice patio.

But it fails miserably. The hotel is extremely loud. If you stay here you will wake up to incessant pounding, a loud TV downstairs, the screaming kids of the owners, the barking dog being chased by the kids. This is all typical of many places in Cusco, but here the four story concrete structure is built around a tiny space, and all sounds are amplified to an unbelievable and unbearable volume. Moreover, if you stay here, you will not be allowed to bring alcohol onto the roof top patio (??). If you sleep through all of the noise, someone will loudly knock on your door at 8-9am to remind you that check out is at ten. You'll hear them knocking on other doors before they get to your's. If you happen to check out a bit late (30 minutes or so), the owner will demand you pay for another day and threaten to call the police!! And, most unfortunately, if you are sensitive to insects, you will wake up with bed bug or flea bites.

There are other places nearby that are far quieter, friendlier, welcoming, and comfortable. Avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business