“Great dessert!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you visit this cafe, try the desserts and sandwiches and you can't miss the "pear pie", the best of their menu. They serve it with coconut ice cream. The place tend to get crowded but it worth the wait.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited La Bondiet for brunch and tea. Our toasted sandwiches were fantastic (the club sandwich is phenomenal) and the coca tea is real leaves and lots of them.

Not exactly cheap but the quality and service make it worth it.

Recommended.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I must admit right off the bat that I have a sweet tooth. I stayed relatively close by and while walking around I noticed this particular place. We wandered through and my eye was caught by the tantalizing array of sweets. Alas, having just eaten and then going to Machu Picchu I had to wait two days to come back here.

IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!. (Yes, that is all caps on purpose). I had a beef Empanada (I'll go 4/5) a Mocha Coffee (4/5) Mocha Cake (5/5) and a Pastel de Tres Leches (6/5). By that point I was full but wanted more so I convinced my friends to come back for breakfast the next day.

They are open at 7am so we were able to stop by on the way to the airport. Something to note --- their sandwiches are really big. You might think that you'd get one sandwich cut in half...nope, you get two. We easily could have ordered one and split it. I got the club and my buddy got the american club and neither of us could finish because they were big. We each gave them 4.5/5. However, I must note that I also go a Lucuma (spelling?) Milkshake and it was deeeeeeeelicious!!!

I think for both of the meals including the third party in the group it was under 100 soles. Incredibly reasonable considering that you actually get good service (rare in my Latin American travels) and delicious food.

One thing to note is that they do have menus available in both Spanish and English. I got confused because I was just handed an English one and it wasn't until I was comparing with my friends that I noticed they had Spanish ones.

My only thing that I could think to mention negative is that we had to wait for a table for a while. I suppose that means business is brisk, and I think the reasons mentioned earlier are the cause of that. If you have to wait for a table, do it.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had breakfast there, good selection, very clean place, free wi-fi and very good service. Recommended.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Big empenadas with beef and egg.They were gooood. It's a posh pattiserie on a street of cheap and reliable eats. Free wi-fi.