“Best Ever Pizza in Peru”
Review of La Pizza Carlo

La Pizza Carlo
Ranked #67 of 729 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Shellharbour, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ever Pizza in Peru”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great atmosphere, excellent wood fire pizza's. Just the thing we were looking for while on holidays. Excellent pizza.

• Visited March 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Not Your Usual Pizzeria”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

It fathoms me how this pizzeria became one of Cusco's best eats. I absolutely did not get it, and if it wasn't for hunger and a poor internet connection, I may have skipped it altogether.

Maybe on the pros, I would say the dough was good, the pizza sauce was good, the food was cooked well and even had some burnt spots (NY style). But as far as the pizza goes, the cheese was bitter. I thought that the pizza was made with sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella, which is possible since the cheese pizza is yellow. I did not ask, but did not finish the pizza either.

I also ordered a calzone. It was pretty good, but it contained cocktail hot dogs. I have never seen anything like that ever, and even though I wasn't appalled, I wasn't enticed to finish that dish either. But I did, because I was hungry and I felt that it was part of the experience, something I would definitively never repeat.

The pizzeria is very small. It is warm in here. I liked the restaurant itself and the people were really nice. It's a nice place to rest and great if you like cheddar cheese pizza. Or hot dog calzones. I still wonder if that's how they eat pizza in Cusco, and if I am missing out on a new trend. Regardless, changes are needed.

• Visited March 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Welcoming, loved it”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were jet lagged and hungry. Turned away from one restaurant because they didn't open for 15mins! Carlos was welcoming. Had a beer and perused the menu . He started our pizzas and let the chef take over at 6. Really accommodating. The desert pizza was new to us and superb

Visited March 2014
“Tiny restaurant with a great big selection of wonderful pizza”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

You blink and you will miss this tiny restaurant that is just a few minutes walk from the main square. As you enter you go through some sliding glass doors to a room that has all the food preparation and cooking and the some seating in the one space. The menu includes some salad dishes as well as pizzas of all types . We had two personal sized pizzas, one margarita and one diavola. Both were terrific. We watched the ingredients being chopped and sliced etc and then cooked in the wood fired oven. With a half bottle of decent Chilean wine and sparkling water, who could ask for more.
I will add that this is a casual restaurant that makes fabulous pizza so don't try to compare my giving it 5 blobs when I might have given a much fancier restaurant only 4. The 5 are because what it does it does very well indeed.

• Visited February 2014
Santiago, Chile
“Loved this place”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

The lasagne is delicious! Nice atmosphere, we went for a late night snack. The homemade chile tomato salsa was great with the lasagne and calzone. Reasonable price for the quality.

Visited January 2014