“Better than Italy's pizza”
Review of La Pizza Carlo

La Pizza Carlo
Ranked #77 of 758 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed September 13, 2012

OMG...Best pizza ever...Was very disappointed with pizza in Italy and was not expecting much from Peru. Totally surprised at how delicious the pizza at La Pizza Carlo was.
Small restaurant with about 4-5 tables. Seems family operated. Very friendly.Best recommendation from our Tour Director.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a tiny hole-in-the-wall gem in Cusco. We had a great lunch here. We watched the pizza being handmade from fresh ingredients (he even shredded the cheese by hand), then baked in the wood oven.

The menu is varied and extensive - look for the Glossary of translated terms on one of the front pages.

They don't accept credit cards - just soles and US dollars. The owner, proactively, figured out the amounts due and change to be given in both currencies before we paid - proving that he used a fair and decent exchange rate, We were impressed.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

After walking around Cusco with people trying to push us into their restaurants for about an hour my partner and I found Carlos Pizza half by accident but am so glad we did. The restaurant has a very homely feel and the pizza oven added to the warmth. The pizzas were great and the service very friendly. I'm from Australia and said to my partner when I left that if ever back in Cusco again I'm coming back here!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had a pizza in a different restaurant a few days before and the base was all wrong it was like a biscuit base. I was telling people in my tour group about it and they told me to go here that they did proper italian type pizza, and they were correct. My husband and I shared a caesar salad to start and then we each had a pizza. The food was all delicious, reasonably cheap. The staff were very friendly and really nice. Anyone in Cusco wants a pizza. go here.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

A small wood fired pizza house seating about 12 people. The pizzas or othe dishes are made on a bench in the restaurant and the cooking process was watched by all in the restaurant. Good quality ingredients, excellent hospitality and reasonably priced. Would strongly recomend the "PAZZA"