“Great food and service”
Review of Yaku

Yaku
Ranked #1 of 1,043 Restaurants in Cusco
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here this evening. Went on a recommendation from a tour guide. The food was really good we skipped starters and went straight for Coy (Guinea Pig) and Beef Saltado. First time for the GP. Both meals were really well presented and explanations came with the meals which was great. We went with the Peru Cabernet Sauvignon which was good and then for desert shared a variety of chocolates. The menu doesn't fully explain what you're going to get it's actually better than what's written.
My only criticism is that there were too many staff trying to please us, it's much better when 1 waiting staff member serves the table only. Highly recommend eating here, the guinea pig didn't look like guinea pig which was great for us.
Nicely hidden off the main square with very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: September 2019
Urubamba O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Yaku, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your comment. We are pleased to know that you had a good experience.

Write a reviewReviews (415)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is the best Restaurant in Cusco. Location is nice. The waiters are very friendly and the food is incredible!

Date of visit: September 2019

We are glad that our service has been to your liking.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place was next to my hotel and caught my eye as I wanted to try Alpaca, the service was fantastic very welcoming, friendly and good English with a big smile. Great decor, but most important.. the food was excellent!! They are proud to point out it is organic with a farm in Urubamba, and also mentioned the different sauces and edible flowers. I highly recommend this place and may visit again tomorrow!

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you very much for your comment. We provide a service with much love for our work and your comment gives more strength to continue with more care. We wait for her.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I ate at this restaurant during our recent trip to Cusco. We made a reservation in advance via Facebook and received confirmation via WhatsApp along with the menu and photos of the food from the manager. We arrived and were seated quickly upstairs. The wait staff was very friendly, spoke great english, and were very attentive to our needs. Quickly refilling our drinks. The food also came out in a reasonable amount of time as well and the presentation with the edible flowers was great.

We ordered the ceviche, croquettas de yuca, and lawa corn soup for appetizers. The manager explained every dish as it was served which was super helpful. The ceviche was super fresh and delicious! The croquettas de yuca were good as well. The soup was their grandmothers recipe and was good though the ceviche and potato croquettas outshined it. If I had to pick my favorite appetizer it would be the ceviche.

For an entree we split the Aji de Gallina. Never in my life have I had better quinoa and the yellow pepper sauce was to die for. Full of flavor but not spicy. The chicken was cooked perfectly and very tender.

For dessert we got the Tronquitos de Chocolate. Oh My God. If you only order one thing from this restaurant make it this dessert. Rich chocolate heaven. Super moist, amazing textures with the chocolate mousse, chocolate 'dirt', and crunchy coca leaves. Melts in your mouth amazing. (and I typically hate your run-of-the-mill chocolate cake or pie from restaurants) The restaurant also gave us a complimentary pot of herbal tea with dessert which was a great way to end the night.

Wish I could have eaten at this restaurant every meal we had in Cusco! Being from NYC we have eaten at many great restaurants and this would top our list - even compared to restaurants in our city!

Date of visit: September 2019

Oh thank you very much for your feedback. We are proud to know that we are high for you.
Our products are completely organic, we have an orchard in the Sacred Valley where it is grown with a lot of respect for nature. Fresh products make a lot of difference at the time of preparation. We take great care of our vegetables from growing, transporting, processing and putting them on the table.
We are happy to know that all our dedication is appreciated. The "Chocolate Trunk" is a delight yes. We will try to have the chef give us the recipe for those who have enjoyed it as much as you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner at Yaku, the meal was excellent (I had the alpaca). The alpaca was cooked to perfection ! Also had dessert, did not regret it was so tasty and chocolaty !

Date of visit: September 2019

Thanks for your visit. We are glad you had an spectacular experience.