“Nice Place, Good Stuff”

Pariwana Hostel Cusco
Ranked #3 of 479 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Cheap,nice,clean,good and really easy to get to know some people. I went there alone and had any problem. All the stuff is friendly and warm. And during your Machu Picchu trip you can just leave your bags and other stuff without paying anything and without thinking about them on your trip =) so I think that place was perfect..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Pariwana did a great job of keeping the hostel clean and fun. They have nightly activities in the bar that draw a good crowd! I wouldn't consider this a "party" hostel - yes, people party but it's not as crazy as others I've been to in Europe (I'm 31 now - so wasn't looking for a party hostel- but was very happy with the nightly activities they offer!) The reception staff was very helpful and always someone at the desk. I like that there was 24 hour security checking wristbands so no creepers were let in without a contact inside! I stayed in a ground floor girls-only dorm with ensuite bathroom and it was great - not too loud (well for a hostel!) and bathrooms/floors cleaned daily. It was a truly great experience at Pariwana! Cusco has so much to offfer so I stayed for 6 days (2 of which were hiking Inca trail and touring Machu Picchu). The hostel was great deal for the money - my dorm was 38 soles per night (20 bucks). Just a good group of travelers while I was there and somewhat social during the day in the courtyard. I highly recommend this hostel plus it's 2 blocks to grocery stores and banks, and 3 blocks to Plaza de Armas.

Room Tip: All rooms are located around the coutryard so there aren't any "quiet" spots... but he...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked the 6 person dorm with private bathroom and it was perfect.

Big comfortable beds-not a standard single, bigger
Feather down duvets
Good pillows
Bathroom was cleaned daily and as I only shared with 1 person it was spotless

Great common areas, a party hostel if you want it to be. If you need sleep then just ask for the quiet rooms on the third floor.

Great cafe in the hostel, foods cheap and good.

Internets a bit slow but oh we'll...

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in one of the hostels double rooms, and it was by far the best double room we have stayed in during our trip through South America, although also one of the priciest. The bed seemed brand new, the rooms are cleaned and towels changed daily, the bathroom was a reasonable size with all the hot water you could want, and from the rooms you could barely hear any noise from the bar/common areas. Wireless is available all over the hostel and is very fast. I would highly recommend if you can afford the price - the room felt more like a hotel than a hostel!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Pariwana hostel is really nice. The staff is friendly and helpfull. The beds are really nice and warm, toilets en showers always clean and warm. The breakfast is fine and they have a lot of activities. The patio is a place to meet people, even the tvroom and bar. They have a big computerarea where you can hang around. It's close to the San Pedra Market en the Plaza de Armas. I recommend this hostel definitly!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed in many hostels over my travels but this has to be up with the best! Great atmosphere, big rooms, everything you want in a place to stay, beds were made everyday and my clothes that I had on my be were even folded when I got back, friendly and helpful staff, super cheap prices what more do you need.. I will return one day that's a guarantee!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a really fun place to stay, so fun that I stayed here twice: once in a twin bed room (ie. private, with en suite bathroom) and once in a female dorm room. The private rooms are a little farther out of the way, so they are quieter; the dorm rooms can get a little loud, but not any worse than most hostels I have stayed at. Both rooms were pretty big, with an average size bathrooms. They also have extra showers and bathrooms all over the hostel in case your roommates are hogging it. They seem to have tours and events both in Cusco and in the bar most days / nights of the week, so there is never a dull moment. Pariwana offers secure lockers, complimentary tea, a basic breakfast, great central location for exploring, tons of rooms (with beanbags) to lounge around in, free wi-fi, a "library" room with computers to use, luggage storage, ATM with US$ and soles, and a restaurant / bar.

What sets this hostel apart is the ridiculously helpful and friendly staff (who were able to help us with virtually every question we had, and we had a lot), the fun atmosphere, the amazing restaurant (I don't understand how even the toast was 100X better than in the US!), and that everything was cleaned daily.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends