“Perfect”

Andean Wings Boutique Hotel
Ranked #33 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a great little hotel! We loved the ambiance and the service. . . . the free O2 was a nice touch too:) You can walk all around Cuzco from this location, or dine at the atrium restaurant. This was some of the best food we had in Cuzco. I would highly recommend staying here, and if we ever return, this would be our first choice!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndSid

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

This was one of three hotels we stayed at during our Peru trip, and our favorite. Ambience of the hotel was wonderful. All rooms a little different and very cool. The eating area is an atrium in the center. Very old world, and boutique is a perfect adjective to describe the style.

We thought about one of the Orient Express hotels, and honestly the service here was top notch, and price was about half. We arranged all tours and transfers through hotel, and all were reasonably priced and service excellent. They also stored our bags while we spent the night at Machu Picchu. Upon our return, which was late, no additional check in, and bags were waiting in our new.rooms.

Location was also great, just 2 blocks from the main square, Were I to return, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Situated 3 blocks from Plaza de Armas we had a great stay here at the Andean wings. A boutique hotel it has some history and local charm. You can see it in the architecture on the past Spanish influence. I love staying at hotels that have some history and story in them. We stayed in a room with a queen size bed which had ample room and great rest after a day in Cusco. The big plus though was the great service. Free breakfast in the morning and the staff were wonderful and friendly. A big plus was the bar and fireplace. On those chilly mountainous nights it was nice to have a hot fire while reminiscing about the days events. The food at the restaurant was wonderful as well. I recommend the alpaca beef stir fry yum yum and always a great selection of tropical fruit and breakfast items. I would definitely come back to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground level is nice as with the high altitude i found myself out of breath sometimes heading to the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The entrance to this hotel is quite impressive with big large doors, leading into an almost themed like decor. We stayed here for one night upon arriving back from Machu Picchu and we were pleased with the friendly and helpful service.

Some things that could have improved:
- The Wi-Fi at the time did not work but we could borrow the computer at the front desk
- Leaking sink in bathroom

Our room had a spa bath in the living area which was quite unique and gave this hotel some flare above the rest.

Included breakfast is standard but make sure you get there a bit earlier as alot of the food was already gone when we arrived.

This hotel strikes a good balance of price, location and quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this lovely boutique hotel. The historic building and rooms are charming, the location is just 2-3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas (making it both convenient and away from the hustle and bustle), and the entire staff is kind, caring and professional. Special thanks to Maria for always inquiring how I was doing and Lisa for great suggestions about how to spend my too-short visit of 1.5 days.

The breakfast was very good; I also ate dinner at the hotel and found the food to be excellent. Since I am always feeling cold, I especially appreciated that the heating system worked so well, which wasn’t always the case in other Peruvian cities. I also appreciated that the hotel had oxygen available for free in the reception area and for a reasonable charge in the rooms (although thankfully I did not need it).

I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed my experience at this hotel. If I am ever lucky to return to Cusco, there’s no question that I’ll enthusiastically return to the Andean Wings. My only regret is that I didn’t stay longer in Cusco.

I do have one suggestions for travelers, which is not a complaint about the hotel. The hotel doesn’t have blackout curtains and if your room faces the courtyard and you got to bed really early like I did, the lights might bother you until the hotel turns them off in the late evening. I always travel with a sleep mask, so this was no issue for me. You may want to do the same.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a very unique boutique hotel and, if it matches your taste, is sure to leave a lasting impression. Every aspect of the service quality is top notch and the location couldn't be better. Easy walking distance to all the main places and yet removed enough from all the noise. The only thing missing is some outdoor space, but even without it the stay I had there was unforgettable!

Room Tip: The rooms are very different, so make sure you know which room you are booking exactly, and check th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great location, nice historic building, nice rooms and public spaces and wonderful staff make this a great choice. We were walk ins and were able to find a room for good value before and after our Machu Picchu trek. They were nice enough to store some of our luggage while we were hiking. I will plan to stay here again if I'm so fortunate to get back to Cusco again.

Room Tip: Negotiate on arrival
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends