Andean Wings Boutique Hotel
$122
$98
$94
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspurple hazemachu picchuthe main squarecovered courtyardthree nightspacked breakfastcentral courtyardlovely hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfullocation is greatcoca teawould highly recommend this hotelpisco sourssmall hotelstreet noiseinca trailplaza de armas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stumbled upon this hotel while searching for something in the tough-to-find compromise between 5-star luxury ($$$$) and low-rent hostel ($/2). Cusco has a lot to offer to people from all walks, however the hotels for the most part seem to fall into one of those two polar opposite categories. Andean Wings is a large Spanish colonial house converted to a charming boutique hotel. This is not a typical hotel. But if you enjoy off-the-beaten-path, like I do, look no further.

It features nice, locally decorated rooms with private baths, a beautiful botanic covered courtyard dining area, and a cozy cafe/bar with fireplace where we enjoyed coffee, coca tea, or local beers while we mingled with the staff and other gringos. We met honeymooners and another couple traveling on business like us. It's a safe, 3-minute walk to Cusco's Plaza de Armas, which features several great dining spots (Medio del Calle & Inka Gril to name two) and a 5 minute walk to artsy San Blas.

My wife and I enjoyed 3 nights here while I was in Peru for work (and some play.) The staff was over-the-top accommodating- which isn't really my style. But I quickly learned is the norm in Cusco and surrounding areas. Staff was also eager to educate and assist with coordinating transportation for tours and work- including successfully tracking down my driver when my cell phone was left in a taxi! WiFi was a little flaky, but got the job done. I would love to return to Cusco for several days to explore more. If I do, I will definitely stay at Andean Wings again. PS- Spring for a suite, it's worth it!

Room Tip: Cappuccino Suite was cozy and tucked in the back with a nice courtyard window. Matrimonial Suite was HUGE and quite nice, but is street-side and subject to a little more noise from passing cars. It's a side street though, so not a ton of traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa S, Guest Relations Manager at Andean Wings Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We were happy to have you and your wife here at Andean Wings and it is great to hear that you were so happy with your stay with us in Cusco! We will certainly look forward to your return visit when you can get back to Cusco!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I spend two nights in the Andean Wings and were happy we did. It is located about a five-minute walk from the Central Plaza and near very fine Fodor-reccommended restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable by Peruvian standards. We had a flat screen television, free WiFi connection, and a delicious breakfast with made-to-order eggs.

The service was friendly, yet respectable. Airport pick-up was included in our package. The price for the mini-suite was above average in cost, but we would not hesitate to stay there again.

The front entrance always had a doorman posted and the hotel was very secure. The interior of the hotel is an estancia with beautiful tiled floors.

Room Tip: The mini suite had great views and a small sofa.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Wings at the end of March at the end of our Peruvian vacation. The hotel was beautiful, the breakfast was amazing, and the staff were tireless and very attentive. The first night, we had what we though was an issue with our shower, but like other hotels in other countries, we only had to let the hot water run for 15 minutes before it actually became hot! LOL
It was chilly in Cusco and it was so nice that the hotel's bar was like a living room, with comfy chairs and a cozy fire. The location of the hotel was also great because it was in easy walking distance to all the Plazas. After our long days of climbing up and down mountains and up and down stairs, this hotel was a dream!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Once again i took the time to do the research into finding the right hotel for my trip to Cusco. The thing i love most about "Trip Advisor" is it's based on personal experiences and pretty much fact. I always book based on feedback and hence if you take the time to read the views you won't be disappointed. Anyways the Andean Wings Boutique Hotel was a lovely little gem situated in the perfect location. The staff were very friendly, attentive and most helpful from start to finish. Would i recommend this place "Yes" most definately as it was exactly as the reviews stated it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Thanks to The Andean Wings Boutique Hotel, our holiday was awesome!
We arrived at the Andean Wings after spending some time in hospital after being treated for Altitude sickness. Lisa, Maria, Angela and all of the staff took very good care of us and made sure that we were comfortable and happy. The hotel itself was immaculate and the rooms beautiful - very modern and well kept. The restaurant food was delicious too.

Our travel plans had changed due to our time spend in hospital, however the staff at Andean Wings knew Simon - a local travel agent who saved our holiday! Simon booked us into an amazing authentic tour of Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley. We had University qualified English speaking guides who imparted much local knowledge about the Inca sites, and generally had a deep knowledge about the areas we traveled to. Simon also booked us into another tour of Paracas Island, Huacacina and Nasca. This was also great, again with excellent English speaking guides with a sense of fun and adventure.

What could have been a disaster turned out to be a blessing - we cannot thank the staff at Andean Wings enough for all they did for us during our stay and would recommend Andean Wings to all travelers! Thank you to all of the staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple