Andean Wings Boutique Hotel
  • Room Service
$98
$94
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspurple hazemachu picchuthe main squarecovered courtyardthree nightspacked breakfastcentral courtyardlovely hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfullocation is greatcoca teawould highly recommend this hotelpisco sourssmall hotelstreet noiseinca trailplaza de armas
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This Hotel is in a former Colonial mansion, complete with inner courtyard [now covered] which serves as the beautiful restaurant for breakfast [included with the room] and dinner. The Bar off this central courtyard boasts a glorious old fireplace and is a lovely place to sip Pisco Sours ...or just to sit. Decor is an interesting mix of modern and old-Peruvian. Hotel location couldn't be more perfect, only a few easily-walked blocks to/from the main Plaza de Armas of Cusco. What makes this hotel stand out, besides its architectural beauty and decorative charm, is the incredibly FRIENDLY staff and the attentive SERVICE that staff provides. They were helpful to us at every turn, providing assistance with taxis and drivers, tourism tips, shopping advice, etc. Internet/wireless worked fine and was free. Our room did not have window coverings on the skylights; the only reason I gave a "4" on the "sleep quality" was because we were awake every morning with the sun! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again on any future visit to Cusco.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite-lovely-quiet-bright @6AM w/ sun
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

It was beautiful, the rooms were great, the staff were fabulous and the food was awesome.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank charlottebrown2848
Reviewed June 13, 2011

our trip to Cusco was made very special due to the visit to Andean Wings, the food and accommodation and everything about the Botique hotel was really special. The management went out of their way to ensure that we had an amazing experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is a gorgeous old Spanish Colonial house from the 16th century which has been converted to a “Boutique Hotel” with 16 rooms, all individually decorated with original art and antiques. Such a treat to break from the boredom of hotels where every room is the same! I was in and out of Cusco for a month and stayed in several different rooms, each one with its own unique flavor. I went to their website where each room is pictured and looked at the different decors to choose which rooms looked appealing to me.

Many of the rooms are surrounding a lovely covered courtyard patio with fountain which also serves as the dining room. It is very elegant with arches and columns surrounding it, with art everywhere. They have put glass up which shields much of the patio noise, but if you are particularly sensitive you should ask for a room at the back of the hotel which is more tranquil. They do turn the fountain off at night so it is quieter.

The food in the restaurant is world class - honestly, the best Lomo Saltado I have ever had anywhere, taken to a new level! They have wonderful, organic salads – very clean – something that we are normally cautious about eating in Peru and I never had any stomach problems at all with any of the food I ate there. Some very original dishes too. I was told that they have recently reduced the menu prices, and I found them to be very reasonable for the quality of food. It is most convenient to have the restaurant right there in the hotel after a long day of running around so you don’t have to go out and navigate your way through yet another restaurant choice. Service is done at a leisurely pace, never rushed.

The included breakfast buffet was quite a lovely spread – fresh fruit & juices, scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, cereal & yogurts and breads.

The staff was incredibly helpful and polite, always smiling and offering to help. The rooms were spotless.

The drinks in the bar were excellent (and strong!), and they even offer “Jungle Medicinal Drinks” which I never got up the courage to try, but sounded very intriguing!

It is located 3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, an easy walk (no small feat here at times!) on Siete Cuartones, which is not a main street, so you are not likely to stumble upon it, but it also doesn’t have all the traffic and noise.
It feels a bit more like a family place where it is obvious that a lot of love and thought went into decorating it, rather than a standard hotel. The only problem I see is that it is so small that they frequently sell out, so you might want to book well in advance to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: Illary is my favorite!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LisaSims
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for three nights during our honeymoon in Peru. At the request of our travel agent, the hotel upgraded us to a mini suite, which had a king-sized bed and jacuzzi.

The room was comfortable and clean, and its little balconey had a great view over the ceramic tile rooftops of the hotel of the mountainside. The balconey itself was almost unusable, barely wide enough to walk along. There were no tables or chairs on the balconey, but there was an ash tray for smokers who wanted to stand out on it and have a cigarette.

The only drawback of our room was it was a little noisy. You can hear the staff moving things around and hear people talking clearly in the little courtyard under its balconey. I suspect that most of the rooms are like that though. Other than the noise, the room was great.

I was going to give this hotel 5 stars, but they dropped the ball on the last night we were there. I had my laundry done and they folded it in two neat stacks in our room. The problem was I was missing some underwear and socks and what's worse there were several articles of women's clothing mixed in, including several bras and panties. My wife and I had a good laugh about it. "Is there something you need to tell me," she teased. Unfortunately, the staff didn't take the issue seriously and never found my missing clothes.

What really bothered me though was our last dinner. We had returned from Machu Picchu and were tired and hungry. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, which we enjoyed a couple of nights before. The restaurant serves an excellent chicken noodle soup and the golden broth was enough to make my wife murmur with delight. However, on the last night, their customer service was lacking. It was quite cold on the patio, so my wife and I intentionally sat at a table next to the only heat lamp. Ten minutes later a large party of about 10 people came into the restaurant and when one of their party complained about the temperature, the staff moved the heater away from our table to better accommodate them. Because of the larger party, the staff forgot about us and when they finally brought our food out it was bone cold. The experience left us feeling rather uncared for and unimportant.

I recommend the hotel but the customer service needs more improvement to get more than 3 or 4 stars.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple