“A real hidden gem in Cuzco”
Review of Andenes al Cielo

Andenes al Cielo
Ranked #4 of 379 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Who knew that just down the street, or up, from Jack's Cafe one could find this sweet gem of a hotel with it's open courtyard, charming bedrooms and helpful staff behind the grey walls of a buzzing Cuzco street. Comfortably appointed bedrooms, we were able to try two one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end allowed us peaceful sleeps, spare but comfy bathrooms, television if one were inclined and terrific breakfasts of local fruits and cereals.
The hotel was more than willing to help with storing our luggage while we travelled to Puno and Lago Titticaca.
Highly recommend this little oasis.

Room Tip: We didn't try the front rooms looking over the street, but the rooms looked nice. Our rooms had...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Andenes al Cielo

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed for a week in December 2012 with my sister and we would happily return! My luggage was delayed by the airline for 11 days and the staff were so helpful, taking phone messages for me, translating and helping in any way they could. The accommodation is extremely comfortable, spotlessly clean and the breakfasts amazing, with great coffee! Staff are professional and friendly. Main lounge very cosy with open fire and selection of teas, including coca, available for guests. When my luggage finally arrived I was en route back to Cuzco and they held it there for me, even helping to get it open as by that stage I'd lost my key! Nothing was too much trouble for them! There's a great roof top patio that gives wonderful views over the town. This was the spot to be to watch the xmas fireworks! The location is perfect as it's just a short walk to town, via the Inca wall with the 12 angle stone, yet far enough away for a quiet night's sleep! I loved coming back to this place each day as it felt like home! This was the best hotel I stayed in during my time in Peru. Thank you to all the wonderful staff for the help you gave me and I hope to return one day soon!

Room Tip: Top floor is great as no noises from rooms above (timber floors). Breakfast dining room is up here a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very good hotel close to city centre. It was very clean and the staff were very helpful on all occasions. The girls serving breakfast were very helpful when we were trying to understand the different grains of breakfast cereal and the desk clerk was happy to help calling taxis etc.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at Andenes al Cielo with a number of other friends after attending a wedding in Lima, hiking Machu Picchu with 120 people, and then arriving in Cusco at 11 pm at night after a long day of hiking. Everyone was exhausted. We had experienced very mixed service at other hotels on our trip, and expected it to take an hour to get all 30 of us (the group was split between different hotels) to check in. Instead, they just gave us our keys and let us run up to our rooms and collapse. The hotel was in general very efficient. It also is a charming, atmospheric, and cozy space. The rooms themselves are not super-atmospheric, but clean and comfortable and sufficient, and Cusco is so great you don't want to spend time in your room. The common spaces of the hotel are charming - dark wood, fireplace, courtyard. The location is excellent, and the breakfast is tasty and ample. I thought that of the hotels in its price range, it was the best one I stayed in during my time in Peru, due to service and charm.

Room Tip: My room only had a window facing the courtyard. No idea if you can get one facing the outside, but...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay in Cusco City, located in San Blas and near to the main square in Cusco. Nice Staff, great location and fair prices... You will find also a delicious breakfast and a free coca tea

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2013

this place was great. it was situated just a few short minutes (walk) from the main tourist square. javier was very helpful and courteous. they picked us up from the airport/dropped us off, and picked us up from the train as well. Javier gave us options on tours and setup a private driver and english speaking guide to the sacred valley. cusco is fun and beautiful and the sacred valley is even better. the rooms are simple and clean, equipped with free wifi and cable. so evenings were fine after long days of being out and about. the breakfast was included and mainly continental with eggs served as you wish. coca tea was available all day long for free and we did imbibe in the tea. we actually wished we had come back from aguas calientes earlier in the day to spend more time in cusco on the back end of our trip.

spend a few days in Cusco to acclimate but also to really explore this gem of a city. restaurants are actually quite good and plentiful in the city. shopping both street vendor and proper retail is great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just came back from Peru and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The stuff treats you like a family. they all speak good English and go extra mile to make sure you get the best travel experience possible. The hotel is a walk distance from the city center.The rooms are clean, the beds/mattresses are excellent, the showers always have hot water, the internet is always working, good water pressure and availability of hot water. Breakfast is a nice continental selection, plus made-to-order eggs/omelettes , Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: The suite on the third floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family