“Excellent hotel and service”
Review of Andenes al Cielo

Andenes al Cielo
Ranked #7 of 398 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is in a great location only a block away from the Plaza de Armas and the San Blas (art) district. From there you can walk all around the historic district. Every morning we had breakfast at the hotel (no additional charge). They make a great omelette in addition to having many other delicious things to eat.

The patio uptop is a hidden bonus and a must see. You can read a book while you enjoy the view of the whole city and surrounding mountains including the big "Viva el Peru" phrase that is on the side of the mountain and lets you know that you have arrived in Peru.

You don't need to know any Spanish but it is a great help if you do. The staf is very friendly and knows basic English but I enjoyed conversing in Spanish with them and it was helpful. Javier and Katy are excellent hosts.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here and thought the location and price was great as long as you are OK with lots of noise early in the morning and don't need ANY service or a requirement for english speaking staff and know exactly where you are going. We did however get a wake up call and the taxi was on time but maybe that is because we got the manager when we made those requests.

What I didn't like is that I requested a very quiet room prior to my arrival and was awaken by lots of noise. It was really bad and I was away from the street. I could hear people run up and down the stairs very early in the morning and then heard conversations very clearly from the room above me. I was really hoping to sleep in past 7am so that I can feel rested, the altitude was bugging me a little bit. Instead I was awaken at 5am. BRING EARPLUGS HERE!!!

The standard rooms were too small I thought very basic, but you get what you pay for at $65.

On our first night after a long day of travel, I was sent walking to the wrong restaurant and was looking for the very popular Inka Grill. It was difficult finding a local who could direct us to the restaurant. Luckily we found a police officer to direct us.

On our last night,we had an issue with one of my flights and when I called the front desk to simply transfer to my mothers room in the same hotel, he was having difficulties. I then called to get a phone number for LAN airlines. I tried calling from my room and couldn't call so I called the front desk again and he told me I would have to come down to make calls, I wish I knew that. So I went downstairs and the guy was trying to help some guests simply find where to walk in San Blas. they seemed frustrated too. They gave up and walked out. In the end he could not reach LAN, he wasn't dialing the number correctly or didn't know how to make calls, I could hear an error message as soon as he dialed. I got so frustrated. An hour later, I finally woke my mother up to use her magicjack and was able to call LAN ourselves. In the morning, I asked if I could print my boarding pass, got the same guy and again didnt know what he was doing and had to print at the airport. Very frustrating experience!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The good...
I had a really nice stay here. The staff (Javier & Caty) were very nice. You'll love the coffee with the free breakfast upstairs. I wanted to bring some home. The location is ideal with shopping and great restuarants all within walking distance. Dont forget to check out the upstairs patio with a great view of Cusco while you're there.

The not so good...
First night took a luke warm shower. It only happened once so I guess everyone was just using the hot water.The area right outside your room can get a bit noisy with people checking in/out. Rooms with 2 single beds are a bit small but the suites are really nice if you can get one of those.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can swing it. The rooms with 2 single beds are small.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My clients had such ab excellent stay at the Andenes al Cielo that they RAVED about not only the breakfast but the service and location. It is located close on the same street as two of the best restaurants in Cuzco are located. It is down the bottom of the hill from the arts district San Blas and is very close the the Plaza de Armas. We had a wine and cheese party on the top of the observation terrace and they had no problems cleaning up our dishes even though my clients had already checked out. Javier and Katy are excellent keepers of this hidden gem. I have used it multiple years and have never regretted it.

Room Tip: Swing for the suites as the price is quite reasonable. Also ask for the fireplace to be started they...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Javier and his staff made us very welcome, nothing was to much trouble, always willing to help. Only a couple of streets back from the main square and recently renovated it great value for money. Cosy rooms, plenty of hot water ang terrific breakfast. We stayed 7 night and would definitely go back

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hatobuilico
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you're looking to stay in a beautifully designed, nicely affordable, very comfortable, and clean hotel where you'll be greeted with smiles and a hot cup of cocoa leaf tea, this is the place. The hotel is in the best location in Cusco, right down one of the cool streets of Plazas de Armas. I loved the design and style of the hotel, taking special notice of the beautiful structure of the building, the details in the rooms, the comfortable beds, the deep colored wood, intricate carvings, including two little fish that co-habitate in the fountain leading up the stairs, a story told to me by the friendly and helpful manager, Javier. I'd also like to point out the central heating in the room, which was very welcomed as it is uncommon in Peruvian hotels and finally, the roof top view was spectacular. If you are a solo traveler, looking to be immersed into the culture of Cusco, with quick access to great food and friendly travelers, this quaint hotel is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank minilil
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Spent a wonderful few days at this affordable hotel near Plazas de Armas. I was greeted upon arrival with a steaming hot cup of cocoa leaf tea by the ever helpful manager, Javier. The included breakfast featured lots of fresh fruit, and David prepared an omelette to my finicky tastes.
I felt lucky that the Andenes al Cielo hotel offered me a closer glimpse into the real Cuzco. One beautiful starry night, I was on the roof top terrace and Javier introduced me to several local "Cusquenos " and shared some delicious Pisco's and stories.
When I needed to recuperate from my hike on the Inca Trail, the room and bed were quite comfortable and I soaked in the bath-tub for hours.
I'd recommend this picturesque hotel over many of the 5 stars that I visited.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo