“Cool place in Cuzco”

Ranked #6 of 357 Cusco B&B and Inns
Anaheim, California, United States
“Cool place in Cuzco”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Spent a wonderful few days at this affordable hotel near Plazas de Armas. I was greeted upon arrival with a steaming hot cup of cocoa leaf tea by the ever helpful manager, Javier. The included breakfast featured lots of fresh fruit, and David prepared an omelette to my finicky tastes.
I felt lucky that the Andenes al Cielo hotel offered me a closer glimpse into the real Cuzco. One beautiful starry night, I was on the roof top terrace and Javier introduced me to several local "Cusquenos " and shared some delicious Pisco's and stories.
When I needed to recuperate from my hike on the Inca Trail, the room and bed were quite comfortable and I soaked in the bath-tub for hours.
I'd recommend this picturesque hotel over many of the 5 stars that I visited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wayne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in a standard double room. Pros: the hotel is in a fabulous location, probably one of the best locations in Cusco; it's very pretty and stylish; the rooms are clean and comfortable; the staff are friendly and helpful; it's excellent value for money (I did a lot of research!). Cons: sound proofing is terrible and as a light sleeper I was awoken before 7 each morning by very loud guest and street noises, particularly early risers above us who were ridiculously loud - aim for a top floor room; wifi was extremely weak in our room though fine in other areas; the room was small and I rather regretted not splashing out the extra $25 on a deluxe room; our shower leaked and the bathroom was always wet; the breakfast was mediocre; the place where we left our keys wasn't always attended, raising security concerns.

Overall, this is a great choice for a stylish, central, good value hotel. I much preferred it to the more expensive Tierra Viva Saphi where I also stayed (see review) and would book this hotel if in Cusco again.

• Stayed September 2012
Nevada City, California
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here in July/August of 2011 for a three week visit in Peru. We stayed here at the start of our trip, after trekking to Macchu Pichu, and again after a visit to Manu. Each time we had a spacious, clean, comfortable room, and truly appreciated the kind, helpful and accommodating staff. Hotels of this standard and size in Cusco are often cold, and Andenes has very effective portable electric heaters in the rooms, and we never ran out of hot water. Our last room was one of the exceptionally beautiful large ones at the front of the building with a fireplace. We loved it, but beware because the street noise in these rooms is noticeable. Breakfasts were filling and tasty, the coffee was excellent, the supply of coca tea endless, and the views from the rooftop terrace were wonderful. I am giving 5 stars because it was an outstanding experience for us, but am aware that some readers will take that to mean this is a luxury hotel, which it is not. But it is an exceptionally pretty, well run, comfortable, perfectly situated small hotel. Outstanding value for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spent almost a week at Andenes al Cielo with a few friends. It was clean, a perfect location, friendly and very helpful staff. The only complaint - and it's a small one - the noise. The walls aren't very thick or insulated, so that we heard every step and conversation outside our room. Earplugs were very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Andenes al Cielo was our Cuzco hub for our 2 week trip last month. The hotel was well kept. There was free computer/internet access, and coca leaf tea flowing all day. And the rooms were clean and comfortable (with portable heaters and blow dryer upon request). The location was great: It's in San Blas area. A short walk to the plaza, just down the street from Jack's Cafe. We walked everywhere in town.

The staff was amazing. Everybody was friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They prep'd breakfast early because we had to leave early on our hike. They stored our luggage when we went on trips and placed them back in our room when we returned. When we returned from Puno at 5am, they put us in a room, so we can get some sleep before the 10am checkin time.

I would recommend Andenes al Cielo to anybody.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4 different rooms, and they are all simple and nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed 3 days in the city of Cusco and chose Andenes al Cielo for its location. We were very happy with our rooms, the beds were comfy and and the room had everything we needed. Everybody was very attentive since the moment we arrived, we were received with hot tea - which was brought to our room, and the next morning we enjoyed a very good breakfast with eggs cooked to order. The hotel is located two blocks away from the main square, giving you the perfect base to explore and walk around but still being near to all the main attractions. My husband is a vegetarian so we were very pleased to find this little gem of a veg restaurant right across the street. Give it a try if you like to change up your diet. They prepare typical Peruvian dishes but everything is vegetarian, their juices were yummy too. And the prices? OMG I couldn't believe how cheap everything was! We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the city of Cusco, and if we go back we will definitely stay at Andenes al Cielo again. Thank you so much for making our stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: If you are not used to the altitude, you may want to ask for a ground floor room. We live in Florida...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank babykatt
Benbrook,
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed four days with these people and would stay again. As with other hotels there were no washcloths, kleenex or hairdryers which is typical of the area. Although no heat in the rooms they provided a room heater for us and it was very comfortable. The rooms were small, but very clean and the hotel provided everything we asked. The only thing I would add is a sandwich or soup restaurant in the breakfast area. They served breakfast and cooked our eggs as we wanted. Limited english, but were more than able to communicate. There are restaurants very close, so no problem. They had an oxygen tank on hand, which I needed, but it had been used for another guest and they were waiting on a replacement, so I got what was called "Oxyshot" at the pharmacy two doors down for $30 us dollars and it had 50 shots which helped me tremendously on the trip to Machu Picchu and the Sacraed City tours. Coca tea helped a bunch. I also bought Coca candy and Coca to suck on. Very helpful. Inca remedy for altitude. I was advised by my pulmonary doctor not to go, but at 68 I was going or else. Only had two scary trips at 13,000 feet but oxyshot worked. I cannot say enough about the service and the personnel of the hotel or of Peruvacationrours. Our guides were there everytime for whereever we were going; I may never make this trip again, but glad I did. Wonderful experience. One guide especially stands out, Rolando was always on time. One of the main squares is only two blocks away and although I had to stop some, it wasn't hard to get to. I would suggest at least a whole day and night to get acclaimated and definately Coca tea even if your health is good.

I was trying to go to their 'infor@' website, but it isn't set up where you can access it.

Room Tip: We had two single beds, one window which looked out over small pretty courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple