“Experience for a lifetime”
Review of Llama Path

Llama Path
Ranked #12 of 1,172 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Only Inca Trail Tour Operator that has built a house for the Porters; Porters come to do this job from very far away communities up in the andes and had NO place to stay in in between treks; But NOW, they do have one and is called the LLama Path Porters' house - any one is welcome to visit this place at anytime. We are the ONLY agency in Cusco that takes Porters on vacations; yearly around 50 of them are taken on vacations to different parts of Peru as part of an all inclusive treat they immensely deserve from the 330 hard days of work they do to ensure our foreign clientes tours are enjoyable. In 2018 we will be going on the 4th Inca Trail Porters Vacations, this time we will be going to Trujillo and Chiclayo in the northern coast of Peru. The Porters Vacations is possible ONLY thanks to you who trust in our services provided; as you can see a part of our profits go NOT only to suport the Porters vacations but also to support the children after school project.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Good and efficient organisation.
Llama path takes care of their porters and their workingconditions.
Guides were friendly and professional.
They gave me much backgroundinformation and starting discussions about the historical events while we were on the trail. These things helped alot to dive much deeper into the whole experience and the forgotton life of the inca. Thanks du Miguel und Christian (our guides)!
The trip with Llama path takes you away from these normal touristic events into a much more authentical trip about perus history.

1  Thank Marcus J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)
All reviews
in 60 reviews
"sun gate"
in 79 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a once in a lifetime experience. My wife and I booked the four day Inca classic hike which was the group hike. When we signed up there were 2 people besides us but by orientation there were 15. We were worried but we ended up making some great friends. Our guides Miguel and Christian were definitely the best on the mountain. Other people we met after the trek who went on the trail with different companies mentioned they remembered Miguel - he is a former professor and a great storyteller. We had such a great group that we ended up going out together in Cusco after as a group for drinks, other tours, and chicken soup lunch in the San Pedro market (even Miguel bumped into us and showed us around a bit)

The trek although difficult is worth every step. I have bad knees and was lucky enough to bring knee braces to help me with the downhill. I would suggest this as day 2 and 3 have a lot of downhills. A big motivator is to see the amazing porters (would highly suggest renting a half porter to help carry your stuff) blaze pass us as the 'red army'. Often because of the way llama path sets up the trek, you are often camping in less full sites and witnessing ruins all to yourself. Other groups do longer treks on day 3 where llama path makes day 2 the hardest. I think their strategy paid off as we even escaped a ton of rain that people on the trek with other companies hiked through ( we lucked out - hiked in the rainy season and only saw about 10 min of rain during hiking times but it rained at night while sleeping).

The food was excellent and they took extra steps to accommodate my wife and I who are picky eaters. I would kill for our chef Carmelo's Pico de Gallo again or his mango chicken cerviche appetizer.

The only complaint I would say is that the toliets along the trail are bad - but if you did your research you should know that. Llama path does not have their porters carry a chemical portable toliet as other companies do - I was jealous at first but Miguel put into prospective and was right - it is wrong to have a porter carry a toliet for you. Llama path prides themselves on porter treatment and I would support them
on this decision.

I would highly suggest using Llama Path to my friends. Enjoy your trek - the views, the experience, the history,and the journey cannot be missed.

3  Thank adam g
Reviewed December 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked the Inca Trail 4 day/3 night trek and were more than impressed. The scenery itself was amazing and Llama Path made it all the better. Our guide, Alex, was super knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around. The food was amazing thanks to our chef Fernando- different for every meal and very fresh. The booking process was very simple and I was very happy with how fast they answered my emails. Very organized. Trip of a lifetime. I would recommend them over and over.

Reviewed December 1, 2014

I just got back from the 4 Day/3 Night Inca Trail hike. This was one of the most challenging and rewarding things I have ever done in my life. If it's something you are considering, you should definitely do it and Llama Path is a great choice. The hike, guides, food, everything was so good. We also met a lot of great people. I couldn't imagine just going to Machu Picchu on a bus or a one day tour. There are so many people there. The hike and ruins along the way are definitely the better experience.

Llama Path's website does a great job of explaining everything they offer. The only thing I would have done differently was to pay the additional fee for the dome train. Not because it's a nicer train but because it got you back to Cusco and to your hotel about an hour and a half earlier than the regular train. The regular train gets you back to Cusco at about 8:30PM. After 4 days of hiking a shower and a drink are in the front of your mind. Just a personal preference.

3  Thank acorreia984