“Expensive beer.”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was hoping to see the owner, a birdwatcher who had accompanied Michael Palin on one of his TV adventures. In fact I was the only customer in the place on my visit, but the barmaid was friendly and helpful; she took a photo of me on my camera, drinking a very pricey pint of Old Speckled Hen.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great service, fantastic food, fair prices, and very friendly staff. I went in for dinner, Naturally, due to proximity to the Plaza, prices are a bit higher. Totally okay with me -- very well decorated, clean, great tasting food, huge variety of beer/liquor/food, free WiFi, and they take Visa/MC as well. Sat around for an hour or two speaking with the chef, and the bartender. Didn't realize this was one of the "Guidebook spots" until I had finished my meal and left. The bad review must have been a fluke, because I certainly did not experience ANY of the same.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I normally go to non foreigner restaurants when I am travelling, but this time, one of the guy that was with us would have loved to have some meat.
So that we stopped at this pub.

We were the only customers eating, the other max 6 pax were just drinking, we were 5 and we waited more than 40 min to have the food served.

And this is not everything.

My friend and I order a cheese burger (15 soles....):

- the bread was totally cold
- the meat was disgusting
- the French fries uneatable....

Lomo saltado: 25 soles (more than 2x the normal price)
Lomo con risotto: 25 soles (quite expensive)

Cusqueno 620ml: 10 soles...

Malto cusqueno 620ml: 12 soles...
Agua: 4 soles...

The prices aren't Peruvian at all....

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Following our disappointment at Paddys Pub we went to the Cross Keys and were delighted. The pub is clean, comfortable and good value. Footie fans have plenty of English Premiership to watch as well. The toilets were spotless which is always a good sign.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Cross Keys has a good internet connection, and is a great place to get some work done during the day. It's generally quiet and has a nice fireplace.

The food is pretty good- the quinua crusted chicken fingers are tasty and interesting. However, the service can be really slow. I'm not sure why it always takes 15 or more minutes to make a Pisco Sour or a hot chocolate when there are only 3 customers, but the staff is friendly and professional. If you're not in a hurry, it's a great place to grab happy hour beers and play some darts as well. Also, the decor is great and the whole place feels quite cozy.