“Barely warm food, not a good deal”

Sara: The Organic Cafe Bistro
Ranked #156 of 693 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boulder, Colorado
“Barely warm food, not a good deal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

This place looks much better from the outside than it actually is. It was rainy and cold so I opted for a restaurant near my hotel and I thought I would "splurge" on a nice dinner. They had a "special" listed on their board that was ravioli and a glass of wine for 34 soles (about 12 dollars). The waitress came by and poured me a quarter of a glass of wine and left. I watched other glasses of wine going by that were 3/4 full. When I asked the person behind the cash register, he said, yes, maybe it should be a bit more, so the waitress came back and poured a few more drops into my glass, still leaving it below half a glass. I guess that is the special, but they really shouldn't call it a "glass" of wine. Also, I should have tasted it first - it was vino tinto, red table wine, and it really was not good. It reminded me of the wine they used to have at church as part of communion - seriously! Next, my ravioli came and it was luke warm. There were only three other tables in the whole restaurant so they couldn't have been that busy. The portion was also small so that I left hungry and dissatisfied. I definitely would NOT eat here again.

• Visited January 2014

USA
“Good food in a quaint space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We enjoyed a late lunch in this nice little restaurant near the center of Cusco. Giovani took good care of us, and the food was great.

• Visited December 2013
Cusco, Peru
“Empty for a reason ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner as we were intrigued by the cute chalkboard menu and interesting decor. I was slightly suspicious of the completely empty restaurant at 7pm. The veggie curry was not very hot or flavourful and the pasta was even worse. It was basically just pasta with pesto, that's it! Very bland. The free appetizer wasn't very impressive either a tiny sweet bun with olive oil and vinegar. There were about 8 waiters just standing in the doorway chatting during our whole meal, not the best atmosphere. This place was empty for a reason I think.

San Salvador Department, El Salvador
“Very good sandwiches and nice ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Tried meat w/mushrooms sandwich and it was very good. The bread was am amazing. The chicha morada is also very good.

Morro Bay, CA
“Above average pasta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We dropped in here around 1pm for lunch, and we were the only people there. That worried us, but the pasta pomodoro and pasta putanesca we had were really good. Service is average, decor is interesting, decent but not great menu selections. Good place for lunch, but I wouldn't go there for a special dinner.

• Visited December 2013