“Great hotel, Close to main square”

Encantada Casa Boutique Spa
Ranked #14 of 165 Hotels in Cusco
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel, Close to main square”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very comfortable hotel, relaxing beds and good shower. The rooms on the first floor get a lot of noise from dinning room area, particularly early in the morning. Hotel is about 7 min walk to the main square. Breakfast is included. Would stay here again

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor get a lot of noise from dinning room area, particularly early in the mo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This property is the most difficult review I've ever written. I really want to say this is a fantastic hotel. The staff is beyond outstanding. They are kind friendly and will do whatever to make sure your stay is as good as possible. The location is great. For those who said the walk up the hill was difficult, I disagree. The rooms and bed are very comfortable. The view from the rooms and the rooftop are fantastic. The food in the restaurant is really good. But here is the rub, the design of the hotel is circular, thus the noise echo's a lot. Whenever there is any sound the higher you are the louder it gets. We were unfortunately on the third floor. I even tried a room on the first floor, but once the noise got in my head it was impossible for me to ignore it. Not to mention the neighborhood it's located in can get noisy as well; and of course the noise all climbs its way to the top. Maybe we were just unfortunate that it was unusually noisy the two nights we were there? We had a lot of trouble sleeping. Everyone in the hotel was kind and sympathetic. Like I mentioned above, maybe we just picked a noisy night, but once you can't fall asleep the problem seemed to exacerbate itself with every type of noise. I really want to be kind to this property because the entire staff is so helpful. For the price maybe my expectations were too high. Consider it for the value. But if your a light sleeper (which I'm usually not) this may not be the best place for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Buenos Aires
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Encantada is located on the top of a hill in the San Blas neighborhood of Cusco. It's on a small road that is currently (as of May 27, 2013) under construction so no taxis are allowed. That said, the hotel offers free hotel shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (but not vice-versa). The driver will take you to the furthest point of the road, then you have to walk about 10 minutes to the hotel. The hotel staff will carry your bags for you. Other than that one inconvenience, I have nothing but praise for the hotel and its staff.

I arrived early and needed to work the first day I arrived. The local internet provider was having disruptions (not the hotel's fault) and while the hotel did everything they could, I still was not able to work for a portion of the day. For that, they gave me a complimentary dinner one night during my stay which was a very unexpected and appreciated surprise.

The front desk staff (every one of them) were incredibly helpful, friendly and attentive. The owners really did an amazing job selecting these talented employees. Whether it was help with fixing a problem with a tour, getting advice or directions, they were always available.

I had Room 414, which was on the top floor that has an amazing terrace with a view overlooking the city. The room was quite large, very clean and, considering the variations in temperature, very comfortable. I never once had to use the electric heater they provided. I kept the windows open during the day (when the temperatures hit 70 or higher) and closed them at night. The insulation was more than enough to keep the room a perfect temperature. Hot water in the showers was strong and quick to come out!

Morning breakfast was plentiful. You could ask for eggs prepared however you wanted, and they had a variety of freshly squeezed juices, breads, pastries, cereals, coffee and teas to choose from.

If you're willing to do a little walking up a hill to get to this gem, I'd definitely recommend it as a comfortable and enjoyable place to stay while in Cusco with a staff always ready to assist.

Room Tip: Room 414 is on the top floor (there are only 2 rooms on this floor) and is adjacent to a beautiful t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here with friends for 2 nights before and 2 nights after completing the Inca Trail. The hotel is very cute, located on a hill overlooking the old city of Cusco. It is about at 10min walk to the center of town. The hotel was very clean and had amazing hot water pressure (which I have heard isn't always the case in Cusco). We enjoyed the breakfast selection at the hotel (Quinoa pancakes!) and also had dinner at the hotel one evening which was fantastic! The hot water bottles in the bed were a definite plus. We were also able to leave our large luggage bags at the hotel during our hike which was very convenient. Overall a very nice place to stay in Cusco.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JamonyQueso
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

It's all been said,location away from main square up the hill but 2mins walk from great restaurants,cafes, cake snack spots!
Staff are exceptional and genuine when asking how you are feeling.
The rooms are very comfortable ,yes slightly noisy due to the design but we had no issue sleeping especially with the cosy bed after the treat of the nightly hot water bottle!!!!
Brekky is wonderfull,we ate in our room the first night( very long day) and had a nice light meal.
We had a mix up with a day trip and they were really helpful in sorting it out even though it had no connection the the hotel they were genuine about the whole experience being great.
We came back after our trek and stayed 2more nights ( great laundry service just 20 meters away ) 3 pesos per kg!!!!
Good value for a clean, comfortable,cosy hotel away from the busy streets.
( we stayed in 313 -excellent-then on 2nd floor) our guide picked us up at 5am and I felt for the people on the first floor-try and ster clear .

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel for two nights and found the bed to be amazing! We stayed on the fourth floor which had a nice terrace overlooking the city right outside our room. The room did pick up a lot of noise from the church up the street which had loud music playing until about 2 in the morning but there was a festival going on that weekend so I do not believe that is an every weekend church event. No big deal anyways, we were so tired we slept through the noise. The food here was good as well. The staff spoke English and were very helpful. Like others have said about reaching this location just make sure your taxi driver takes you as far as he can go by the little place that does laundry down the street just a minute walk away from the hotel or you may have to carry your bags uphill. My wife and I liked the location as well as we did not mind doing a little walking. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mvkicker
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in San blas area. We stayed at their sister hotel (quinua villa too and its also great). Good value for a clean, good size room. Great shower too. Buffet style breakfast was very good (has yor typical fruits, eggs, cereal, juice). Amazing service. Location is great - in San blas do away from the noise and only a 10 minute walk to plaza del armas. I would highly recommend staying in the San blas area!

• Stayed April 2013