“Different, but an excellent stay.”

The Guest House at Fallen Angel
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Cusco
Santiago, Chile
“Different, but an excellent stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel is completely different to anything I have never seen before. Nevertheless, after been there a few hours, I loved it. The hotel personnel was great with us, very kind and anxious to help us in everything we need. It is absolutely necessary to mention the exquisite cousine that have this hotel.
The location is very convenient, is uphill, just behind the Cathedral and the city's square, where there are a lot of restaurant and stores.

Room Tip: The "Passion" suite is great,is very romantic and big. It has a small dinning room and you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

this hotel was fantastic. we spent one night here as a treat after completing the Salkantay trek and we wished we could have stated for longer. the rooms are full of character - like no where i've been before. there's loads of artefacts and art on the walls which you can buy - we ended up with 2 pieces. the food was delicious - we had dinner in the restaurant and then the breakfast in our room the next day was the best I've ever had. a full 3 course breakfast! and it was inclusive in the room. the staff were really friendly and helpful and sorted out our travel to Titicaca the next day. i would highly recommend to anyone who can stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eustace, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is tastefully quirky and beautifully eclectic, each room a unique pleasure. My husband and I and our 18 year old niece stayed here for 3 nights, checked out and moved across the street to The Monastario...which was a mistake - The Fallen Angel made The Monastario seem boring and over-priced. We had a marvelous stay at this hotel and wished we could have stayed longer.
The hotel's restaurant is outstanding. The breakfasts, which were delivered to our rooms, were Peruvian perfect.
If there's any one thing that makes this hotel superb, it's the staff. During our stay, I went shopping and somewhere along the way, I lost my iPhone, credit cards and ID, Carlos did everything he could possibly do technologically to help find my phone. Alex spent hours with me, backtracking thru the markets and finally helping me fill out a report at the police station. These gentlemen went way above and beyond guest helpfulness...they made me feel like family. I'm certain that if you make the wise choice to stay with them , they'll make you feel the same. The Fallen Angel SHOULD be ranked among the top 5 in Cusco.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. You can't select a bad one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Pretty-Rough-Ranch
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have visited the Fallen Angel on many occassions over many years, and it never fails to deliver, this chic venue, would compete easily with boutique establishments the world over.

On my last visit last week, the steaks were awesome and the cocktails were strong, my 40 ( yes forty) strong group loved the venue and a very good time was had by all.. thank you as ever Fallen Angel .. till next year!!

Discover Adventure Crew

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BrunnersBristol
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Um, wow. This place made Cusco (and Peru!) for us. The four personalised suites .... wow. Each one crazier and crazier than the next in decor and luxury. The artwork - incredible. The restaurant - amazing. World class, definitely. More like something you would find in Sweden or Manhattan, really. Carlos the host is this hotel's best asset though -- personal recs for everything, will call places and book good tables for you (in Spanish! great for us Aussies). A rare five stars fo rthis guy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place is not for everyone: you love it or hate it! Having said that, it is in a great location and the rooms are a good size. The Yellow room has a lovely balcony overlooking Plaza Nazarenas. The food and drinks in the restaurant are pretty good - and you can sit at a table with a glass top and watch goldfish swimming about under the glass. Poor things - I hope they remember to feed them every day!!

Room Tip: the white suite is fab. The yellow room has a lovely balcony overlooking the plaza.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

we dined here as a recommendation from our intrepid leader on our last night. WOW! what can I say...this place is mind blowing in every way. unfortunately we didn't stay here but a waitress showed us around most of the rooms, they are exquisite and extremely affordable for what they are at $280/night. I'd expect to pay something like $1000/night in the U.S., Europe or Australia. Each room is completely different and the attention to detail is just amazing. They are HUGE and so comfortable that you'd be happy to spend as much time as possible in them. It is definitely the definition of a botique hotel - the rooms are very eclectic and the decor isn't exactly something I'd think to put together, but somehow it works, and has created one of the most amazing and luxurious hotels I've ever seen, with a refreshing lack of tackiness or corporateness you'd expect from most of the big hotel chains.

Now to the food - my goodness. the best meal ive had in a looooooong time. the Cebeche was perfect and the alpaca tender and juicy. For those of you not in to peruvian cuisine there are also some western meals, which my group members said were just as good. We sent a bottle of wine back at one stage because we didn't like it and they happily replaced it with no issues. There is artwork throughout the bar and resturant most of which have an angel theme and you can buy if you want. the tables are bathtubs with goldfish swimming in them. All tables have a slightly different theme, kinda like the rooms. I've developed an obsession with pisco sours, and I've never had one so good as what I had at Fallen angel. All other cocktails were highly praised too.

I would go back to Cusco solely to stay and eat at this place - just incredible!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends