Tripadvisor
Cusco
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Orange Nation Peru tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews lares trek small group multiple tours mountain peaks high altitude entire tour entire crew great english sacred valley machu picchu the classic inca trail amazing experience awesome tour expedition train hotel in aguas calientes our tour guide bucket list
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We did the 4 day Inca Trail in January even though we had been warned it was the rainy season. We were lucky with the weather and it rained all night, every night, but it never rained on us while we were hiking! The trail is just as challenging as I had heard but I’m glad we ignored recommendations to not do the trek during the rainy season.
Our guide Alex was great at encouraging us on the really steep parts of the trail. Dead Woman’s pass was a challenge for the whole group but Alex stayed with us and was very helpful. He reminded us that he had oxygen but none of us decided to go for it.
The ruins along the trail were amazing and Alex was full of information about each one. We all loved the tour of Machu Picchu but getting up so early that morning was hard. I had read the details on the Orange website, so I knew how early that day starts, but my friends apparently didn’t because they were shocked that we had to get up at 4am.
The food was great and we were so impressed that the cooks were able to make us a cake on a camping stove. We would definitely recommend Orange Nation for their great guides, cooks and porters!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

My partner and I are on a two month trip around South America for the southern summer and booked the Inca Trail Trek with Orange Nation as the highlight of our time in Peru and it definitely lived up to our expectations! We had a fantastic time and really loved our guide Gunnar! After all the backpacking and hostels around South America we felt like we’d died and gone to heaven with the plush treatment we got from the cooks and porters. The food was amazing and we enjoyed all the little details like how tea was always ready when we got to camp and how the tents were set up with our sleeping bags rolled out, air mattresses inflated and basins of hot water for us to wash. The trail is beautiful and we were amazed by all the Incan ruins we passed every day. Gunner is an expert on everything Incan and we really learned a lot about Incan history and culture. Gunner even taught us some Quechua! Our visit to Machu Picchu was amazing and we were so happy to have sprung for the extra expense of the Huayna Picchu hike. It was totally the cherry on top of a fantastic experience!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I got so lucky that Orange Nation had a group going on the Lares trek the week I was in Peru! It was a last minute trip and as a solo traveler I wasn’t sure if there would be any trekking agencies with a Lares trek in January. Orange not only had a group going but it was only three people! It felt like a private trip to have such a small group and the guide treated us like it was a private family trip too. I really appreciated how much Paulo included me and made me feel like I’d known the others for years!
I wanted to do the Lares trek because I’d read that it was the most rugged trail and I’ve always dreamed about trekking in the Andes. The valleys that Paulo took us through and the glaciers in all the mountains around us were just stunning! I loved everything about the trek and the last day at Machu Picchu was a dream come true! Paulo is also an expert on everything about Machu Picchu and gave us a very thorough tour of the ruins. Overall an amazing experience!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

We ended our tours with a trip to Rainbow Mountain, which was much harder than I expected. Turns out 17,000 feet is no joke. We all ended up renting horses because we just couldn’t walk at that altitude. It was still a fantastic experience and I actually enjoyed the horse ride. My friends were less enthusiastic about the horses but we all made it to the top and that’s what matters! Overall, we had a fantastic experience with Orange Nation and really loved their guide!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

The visit to Machu Picchu was absolutely transcendental! It was a dream come true! Orange Nation sent us with a very experienced guide, Fernando, who was amazing in how much he knows about Machu Picchu. He also gave us great tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley. We were all very impressed with his knowledge of Inca history, culture and architecture. The whole experience was amazing!